25

You gave yourself a half smile looking at your appearance in the mirror. You were happy with the way your outfit hugged your body. You put your hair down and twirled your makeup brush like a switch blade knife satisfied with the overall outcome. 

As you looked down to pick up your lipstick, you were meet with the same corpse from before in the mirror. It was the corpse that would always welcome you with opening arms as it introduce you to your death. Overall it was death itself, coming to visit you ever so often in your dreams. It always seemed to have patience, waiting for you by the tree where you had first found it in the forest when you were trying to take it's gear. You felt it once again caress your face with its thumb stroking your cheek. You closed your eyes as you felt the icy cold and damp hand touch your cheek. You shudder as you felt its fingers run through your lips, light tracing them. Soon it's cold touch faded away and you open your eyes to find it gone. The only trace it left was the crimson red tint that sat on your lips. 

---

Walking down the dark pathway towards the dance, you looked up at the stars. It seemed as if the sky had fulfilled your wish in giving you a beautiful night as you had wished for that one day. As you neared the dance area, you felt sadness wash over you once again. As if a dark aura had all of the sudden surrounded you. You looked down at your feet sighing in defeat, you knew it was not going to leave any time soon and you didn't want to ruin anyone's mood tonight. You turned on your heel to leave, but you came to face with Levi.

"Your going the wrong way" he said eyeing you.

"No, I'm going the right way Captain" you said trying to get by him, but he simply stood in front of you.

"Strange. I was summoned to come get you and from what I remember it's this way"

"Well I am not feeling well so I will not be attending. Good Night" you harshly shoved him to the side and started heading to your room.

You heard Levi's footsteps as they began to follow you down the dark road back to your room. You began to pick up the pace, so did he. Soon you started running with Levi right on your tail calling out your name. You reached your room before him and slammed it shut. You tried to make it to your bed, but your knees gave out and you fell onto the floor. You started crying, you just wanted to go back to normal. You cried as you felt the scenes flash through your mind once again. How the thoughts came once again, persuading you to end it. Telling you that it was your time. Telling you how it should of been you instead of them who died. How you were selfish for trying to steal a dead comrades gear in order to try and save yourself. How you weren't able to bring back your comrades to life, as you remember the feeling of their intestines on your hands as you put them back inside them trying to put them in it's correct place. You felt the room spinning as everything was happening at once. You place your hands on your head as you placed your head onto the floor and shut your eyes.

"Please" you cried to yourself.

 "Please go away, I'm sorry" you said in a repeated motion.

You felt arms snake around your waist. You didn't bother to open your eyes. It had to be the corpse. You only sobbed harder and started to shake uncontrollably, afraid of it. Your heart speed uncontrollably, it felt like you were burning up. You started gasping for air almost as if the blood from your dreams were pouring onto you. All you had to do was wait for that damp cold hand to caress you once more and welcome you to death at last.

"I'm so sorry" you whispered to it, accepting the guilt.

The room went quiet. The arms were still around your waist, never moving once. You slowly opened your eyes and saw light coming out of the doorway of your opened room. You blinked a few times to adjust your vision. You realized someone had opened the door to your room. You looked at the arms on your waist and follow them up to find Levi looking at you with concern in his eyes. You looked down, ashamed of him finding you this way. Levi moved the hair out of your face and moved your chin upwards, so you'd look at him.

"Don't be sorry Y/N, it's gonna be okay" he said as he wiped a tear off your face.

Your eyes flickered to anger. Something over took you as you shoved Levi off of you.

"I don't need your pity" you spat as you tried to stand up.

Levi grabbed your wrist and pulled you back into him, hugging you tighter. You tried to break free but failed, your energy had been completely drained. He caressed your face while his thumb caressed your cheek, Which made you freeze. You stared at him in horror. You let yourself go limp and you hugged Levi, burying your face into his neck. 

"Levi, I'm scared" you breathed.

"I know" he said as he rocked you back and forth. Levi was genuinely concerned. You seemed deeply trouble and had no idea how to help you out with your situation, so he did the only thing he knew since it had helped him, hug you.

After what seemed like a good hour, you calmed down and pulled away. Levi stood up and offered you his hand. You took it and gave him a small smile. He just nodded his head and tried to lead you to your bed. You squeezed his hand and he turned to face you. You shook your head and went to go sit in front of your little vanity as you retouched your face.

"Are you sure you still want to go?"

you nodded your head, "I promised to hang with them, and I want to see Hange get her reward"

Levi just sat on your bed and watched you as you redid your face. As you finished your face, your eyes wandered to your lips. The crimson red tint sat there in place, not one smudge. You lightly traced your lips with your fingertips.

"It's a nice color" Levi said now standing behind you.

You looked at him through the mirror, he stared back. You didn't respond you simply nodded your head and reached to get your hairbrush only to find it missing. You sat there confused, until you felt Levi starting to brush your hair. You smiled as you saw him through the mirror, concentrating on your hair. 

"Thank you Levi"

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT, I'D LOVE TO SEE IF YOUR ENJOYING IT