19

Finally heading to breakfast with a big smile on your face from earlier events you were greeted with your three friends hushing each other and giving you soft smiles. You found it odd, you gave them a glare. 

"What's up with you Stooges?"

"Nothings wrong, what would be wrong? You seen anything wrong Connie?" Jean looks at Connie.

Connie furiously and violently shakes his head, "No nothings wrong, What would be wrong? Nothings wrong right Sasha"

He turns to look at Sasha. You look at Sasha who stuffed a whole bread in her mouth, she had glossy eyes. You tilted your head to the side, confused. Sasha would never shove the whole entire bread in her mouth in one go. She definitely is trying to choke down her words.

"Spit it out Sasha"

"What are you talking about Y/N, She's eating. She has nothing to say. Right Sasha" Connie elbowed her.

Sasha closed her eyes and nodded aggressively. This was definitely pissing you off.

"You better fucking tell me" you warned.

"Y/N there's literally nothing wrong" Jean replied

"Oh yeah? Then explain-"

"I'M JUST GLAD YOUR ALIVE Y/N!" Sasha yelled, causing a scene in the mess hall.

Your eyes widen and you shot a glare at Jean. Jean looked down fiddling with his hands. You stood from your spot and grabbed Jean by the ear dragging him outside while everyone watched including the Captains and Commander himself. Erwin stood to follow after them, but Levi had stopped him in the process, "Leave those two Love birds alone"

Erwin furrowed his eyebrows at Levi. Love birds? Was Y/N already seeing Kirstein? Did he comfort you last night? Was he responsible for your smile this morning?

Erwin sat back down and picked at his food, not feeling hungry anymore. Levi took notice and nudged him. Erwin didn't reply he simply stood and excused himself to finish paperwork in his office. Levi sighed and followed him shortly. Levi leaned on the wall watching Erwin fill out papers quietly. 

"Whats up with you and that chick? You seriously need to stop and get your shit together"

Erwin sighed and looked up at him, "This "chick" is a fine lady I really would like to woo. She truly has a big heart and amazing personality. She is beyond gorgeous Levi you must be blind not to see that"

He looked back down and question himself, "How did I not see this coming she is a pretty young lady after all and he was crying when she was presumed dead."

"Levi...you're not telling me to get over her because you think she's a distraction right? You're not lying to me, are you?"

"Sir with all due respect, I found Kirstein on top of her the first day of stable duty"

Erwin didn't respond. If she was a taken lady wouldn't she have decline the offer of hugging him? Wouldn't she share this information when he pecked her cheek? Something was definitely not right. Or was she..no she couldn't . Like he had stated she had a big heart of gold, she couldn't possibly be...using him...right?

---

"YOU FUCKING ASS HOW DARE YOU WORRY THEM"

"I HAD TO LET THEM KNOW! I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU! YOU WERE ACTING STRANGE YESTERDAY, I THOUGHT YOU HAD CHANGED FOR GOOD!"

"YOU OUT OF EVERYONE KNOW BETTER THAT I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WORRYING ABOUT ME AND MY PROBLEMS"

"BUT I WAS-"

"BUT NOTHING KIRSTEIN I TRUSTED IN YOU TO KNOW BETTER"

You turned to leave but Jean grabbed you by the wrist and pulled you in for a hug.

"I-I was scared, I had no one to talk to. I wanted to talk to you but you didn't even respond when I had walked you to your door. All I got was a fucking nod. Connie had started questioning me when he saw me going back and forth in the room. And then out of no where Sasha had showed up because Connie summoned her. They both interrogated  me and I snapped"

"Then why didn't they call me in, they know I know you better then both of them"

Jean looked away, there was no way he was going to tell you the truth. Connie and Sasha had known for the longest time the admiration Jean had for you, so when Connie saw Jean frantically walking back and fourth, pulling on his hair anxiously he knew it definitely had something to do with you.

"I don't know.." he simply shrugged his shoulders.

You shoved him off and eyed him. OH HE'S DEFINITELY LYING TO MY FACE

"Your fucking lying, right in front of my face!"

"I'm not, you're just overreacting as always. Seriously it's no big deal. I promise-"

SLAP

You grabbed him from the collar of the shirt and got close to his face. 

"You ain't promise nothing, but shit. You're talking with pure shit coming out of your mouth Kirstein. Talk to me when you're ready to talk to me like a fucking man. I'm done with you" you spat as you let go and walked back inside.

Jean stood there in shock holding on to his cheek. He knew he definitely fucked up. He felt awful, but in those moments of closeness Jean felt a bit...aroused by your actions. He fixed himself and waited for a bit until he returned back inside.

"Well Levi, seems like she is available after all" Erwin said with a huge grin as he stood laying on the side of the building with his arms crossed, listening to the whole scene.

"TCH. Whatever Erwin, I'm going back inside."