49

Finishing dinner you excused yourself and left. You found yourself outside sitting on top of a hill, staring out as the sun began to set. You felt relaxed and content being able to openly have a normal conversation again with the three you had missed.

You started to see Erwin's tall figure coming into view. Your hand pulled on the grass anxiously, as your mind contemplated wether to get up and leave or just let him come to you. You were okay with conversing with the three altogether, but something about talking to Levi or Erwin separately made you scared and nervous.

Erwin now in front of you gave you a smile. He pointed to the green grass area next to you. You nodded and he sat down. There was a bit of awkward silence until Erwin spoke up.

"It really is nice to see you again Y/N"

"Yeah, it's nice seeing you too..."

"Pixis sent me over here to let you know that the survey will be staying here for a while for a mission."

"The Survey?!" you shot your head up towards him, "as in everyone?"

Erwin nodded his head, "Yes, everyone including your friends"

A smile grew on your face and Erwin chuckled. But just as fast as it appeared on your face, it disappeared.

"What's wrong Y/N?"

"I-I... do you think...maybe.. they're mad at me for leaving?" you asked as you began pulling on the grass again.

Erwin softly gripped your chin and tilted your head towards him. His eyes smiling.

"Of course not! They're always talking about you. They like to brag to everyone that their best friends with the infamous Y/N to the new cadets, telling everyone your heroic story. They even drag me and Levi to confirm it."

You chuckled as you tried to imagine your three stooges bragging across HQ to the newbies.

"I mean just imagine their excitement when they run into you again"

"Thanks Erwin. Your sweet as always"

"Could say the same about you but.."

Your eyes widen as you see Erwin place a frown on his face as he said that. You felt like a complete dick for the way you had first behaved in the beginning when running into them. Your eyes watered as you looked down in disappointment.

"I know.- I'm sorry. It's just hard you know just-I understand if you hate me or-"

Erwin shoved you into his chest, a little chuckle erupting from within him.

"I'm just kidding Y/N. You're still sensitive as always my love. I was trying to get a hug from you as a from of an apology, but it seems I had to get it myself"

You quickly pulled away. 

"Erwin. You already know-"

"Right. But come on, Let's be friends and if it blossoms to something else then let's accept it. I promise it won't affect anything. Humanity first"

"But Erwin-"

"Come on I miss my best friend. And I know you miss the old times. Plus with almost two years of thinking. I understood what you meant about "others""

You looked up at Erwin surprised, "You do?"

"Well, It's not like I saw the "other" when he attacked you and threw a temper tantrum when he saw you leaving"

You turned red remembering the day Erwin had to get Levi off of you when he found you leaving.

"Right, I forgot about that"

"But Y/N.." he said holding one of your hands into his.

You meet his gaze. The sky was now a deep shade of purple. The moon Illuminated Erwin's face as the grass swayed with the direction of the wind. Staring at your hand brought you back to the nite you had made your promise with Erwin.

"I promise. Whatever happens, Whoever you choose. It won't change anything. My love for you will continue on, but I will respect your wishes. And I promise that nothing will change between me and Levi nor with me and you. Me and Levi talked this over and both agreed on it"

He raised your hand to his lips and kissed your hand, sealing the new profound promise.

You were so shock by Erwin's words, you didn't even feel the few tears that had managed to escape your eyes until you felt Erwin's thumb wipe them away. You let out a small chuckle as your lips turned upwards as you stared down at the ground.

"You know Erwin, no matter where I was gonna be. I always planned on keeping that promise of ours. Even if it meant going outside the walls by myself just to see you one last time" 

You looked up, a quivering smile made its way to Erwin's lips. 

"I always had a feeling you would."

A big genuine smile made its way to your face. You felt as a heavy weight lifted off your shoulders. It feels so liberating being able to drop that gloomy persona and being able to return to all your friends as that loud energetic persona you once were. 

You felt as the energy from before reappear. You were so content at the moment, you threw yourself at Erwin. You wrapped your arms around him as he wrap his, holding on to you tightly, missing your touch.

"Thank you Erwin" you whispered.

"Thank you Y/N"

---

A smile stayed on your face as you walked down the dimmed hallways making sure the cadets weren't out past lights out. The conversation between you and Erwin went pleasantly well, you thought. You were even more happy with the fact that Levi and Erwin had talked it out and both came out to an agreement. 

As you checked the last hallway once more, you decided to call it a night. You knocked on Pixis' door to report that all hallways were clear only to find him slumped on his couch sleeping. You rolled your eyes, not even surprised at the sight before you. You went over to him and covered him up with his jacket, followed by taking off his boots and laying him down correctly. You sighed as you saw he had liquor and cups left out. You picked up the mess and put everything back to its original place.

Before you left, you took out his notepad and wrote his schedule out for the next day so he'd have it ready to go. With that finished, you placed it upon his desk and swiftly slipped out the room, flickering off the lights.

Finally reaching your room, you were welcomed to a beautifully quiet and dark room. You let out a yawn as you began to stretch, your tiredness starting to kick in. You kicked off your shoes and shook off your jacket at the entrance of your room before walking over to your bed. As you began to unbutton your shirt, you felt a force grab you from behind.

You froze in terror not being able to full see clearly. You were about to drop kick the figure behind you when you recognized his smell. You felt the the grip become loose and you turned around to be greeted with his grey eyes, illuminating the dark room.

"Levi-"

Levi cupped your face as he began pecking your lips and your whole face. 

"I missed your stubborn ass so much" he muttered in between the kisses.

You hesitated for a moment, before you slowly started to give in, melting more with each kiss he placed.

He let go and looked you in the eyes, "Did you miss me?"

You stood quiet, A sly smirk tugged on your lips, "Nah"

You can make out Levi's face darken. He tackled you onto the bed as he attacked you once again.

"Liar"  he growled as he intertwined his hands into yours. 

He could feel as you lips begin to turn upwards into that sly smile of yours. You broke away as you looked up at him, 

"Mmm...maybe just a little"