46

It's been a full year and a half since you decided to leave the Survey Corps and switch into the Garrison regiment. 

Entering the first day, you were greeted with many friends you had made back during training. They were surprised to see you since word of your return had yet to arrive. As much as you wanted to spring in with your old pals, you kept a bit of a distance. You were still friends with them, but you never allowed them to grow close to you. You gave off a quiet vibe instead of your loud persona, holding a straight face for the most time instead of giving off the warm smile that help gain all the friends you knew.

Everyone who knew you felt bad. They didn't even question you about your transition over to the Garrison regiment. They believed that your new exterior had to do with being traumatized from your two near death experiences they had heard about. After all, you were the only one out of them to have faced off a real life titan, worse being faced with the female titan alone and being outside of the walls for a whole month. They couldn't blame you, instead they treated you like they always did, with kindness and admiration in hopes of having their hero Y/N back to normal. 

As you worked along side with the others, people did nothing but respect you. They always reached out to you for any type of guidance as if you were a senior in the corps. It made your heart flutter as you see everyone still treat you with the same love they always showered you with, if anything they showered you with even more than you remembered. You felt so awful for having to be the way you were, but it was the only way to prevent anything like feelings to develop. But you were sincerely grateful and the others knew it. And as time went on, you slowly came to understand why Levi always held such a cold exterior towards others.

Commander Pixis was genuinely confused as in why a talented soldier was switched over to his regiment, but he couldn't complain. You became a great motivator for the rest of the cadets. He had heard a lot about you not only from the cadets, but from Commander Erwin himself when he had a meeting with him back a few years ago. Your story was one that shook him to the very core. A rich girl who left it all to devote herself to humanity and became one of the strongest soldiers in the regiment escaping a swarm of titans with only two blades, now who would believe such a story. As he heard your most recent accomplishment, he was amazed on how a single person could take down the female titan. 

When it came down to meeting you, he expected a cheerful, bright and energetic soldier to approach him since that's what he heard you to be, but instead he was meet with a stone cold face. He imagined the same as the soldiers, it must be from the amount of suffering you've been through. He could do nothing, but imagine as if he was meeting another Levi for the first time.

Pixis watched as you handled ever task with ease and within a few months, you became his right hand. You ran the regiment whenever he was gone, took notes and attending meetings with and for him, gave him daily reminders and even filled in some of his other commander roles for him.  You not only became his assistant, but ended up becoming friends with Pixis. As much as you avoided growing a bond with him, Pixis didn't back down, wanting to meet the real famous Y/N he had heard so much about. The one that not only cadets loved, but even Erwin loved. And as he kept bugging you, you finally opened up to him with that infamous smile that created ever-lasting friendships.

Pixis grew to love your real persona and ended up caring for you like a daughter and after growing close with him you began to look up to Pixis as a father. He was the only person who you had to confide in and he gave the best fatherly advice he could provide. He even tried persuading you into retuning into your formal self and try opening up to your friends, but you simply wouldn't budge. 

---

Erwin, Hange and Levi exited the carriage as they arrived to their meeting. Before stepping inside, Erwin briefly reminded the two, more so Levi about courtesy and manners reminding him not to call any of the MP's "Pigs". Levi let out a "tch" before entering the building.

As they entered, the room was filled with different conversations. The MP officials stood on one side while Garrison stood on another. As Pixis saw the Survey group he waved them down with a smile. Seemingly, the Survey and Garrison shared a mutual understanding with one another while the MP's simply thought highly of themselves. The Survey and Garrison talked as they waited for the meeting to start.

As the last of the officials and upper counsel arrived, the meeting commenced. 

Pixis looked at the time, he stood up from his seat before the conversation started and apologized ahead of time.

"Hello, before we commence, I'd like to apologize before hand. I usually have my assistant here already with me taking notes as I seem to be forgetful, but I forgot I assigned her to patrol one of the roughest parts of town today so she will be arriving late, so pardon her disruption when she enters" 

Everyone nodded their head in understatement and continued with the meeting.

Erwin spoke throughout the meeting trying to persuade the counsel and others to think of giving the Survey more funding. Levi kept quiet with his arms crossed as he was listening attentively. He knew better than not to speak, not wanting insults to slip out of his mouth and ruin it for Erwin. Hange didn't even bother to listen, she just simply laid her head as she played with a pencil as she day dreamed about experiments. She was upset that she always gets dragged to these meetings just to have her sit and do nothing, it was a simple waste of her time.

The conversation slowly started to to heat up with the MP joining the conversation wanting more fundings too. Levi couldn't help but start to jump in too. Soon the level of voices started to rise across the room.

As the conversation continued, you slowly slipped in. You discreetly made your way to where Pixis was sitting and stood next to his seat. He looked up at you and quietly greeted you and asked how it went as he saw that everyone else was busy distracted. You gave him a small hidden smile and pointed at your arm showing him your new bloody badange from earlier events. His face made a frown and smacked your injury for being so reckless. You simply let out a chuckle before you straighten yourself and took out your notepad and pen waiting to hear anything that might sound important without having to look up at the pigs in front of you.

Hange had tuned in into the conversation when it got heated, but soon got bored of it as it was going no where. Bored once again she laid her head back down to the table and began rolling her pencil around the table. In the corner of her eye she noticed someone new, standing, writing things down. She turned her gaze to the woman standing. She looked very oddly familiar to her. If it wasn't for your hair getting longer and your serious exterior, she would have instantly recognized you. As soon as realization hit her of who the woman was in front of her, her head shot up.

"Y/N?!" She exclaimed across the table.

Erwin and Levi's head snapped to where Hange was looking.

Your boring eyes lifted off from your notepad as you stopped writing, lifting a brow at the person who called you.

"Yes?" you replied with a boring tone.

As soon as you meet with her eyes, your eyes widened. You turn your attention to the two others sitting next to her. You felt your heart dropped as you see Erwin and Levi staring back at you with wide eyes. You quickly composed yourself.

"Oh section leader Hange nice to see you again" you said in a monotone voice as you nodded your head as a greeting before your eyes went back to the notepad.

Hange frowned in confusion. Levi and Erwin were both confused as well at your change.

Pixis nudged your side before chuckling, "Please forgive my assistant Y/N, She's not very social"

You sent Pixis a small glare before retrieving your eyes back to the paper.

"Oi! Are we going to continue this conversation or what?!" one of the MP officials shouted.

"Yes, forgive us" Erwin replied as he continued to stare at you.

And the conversation continued as neither of the three Survey officials retrieved their eyes from you.