27

"Erwin" Levi called entering Erwin's office. No response. Levi called out again.

"In here love!" yelled Erwin from his room.

Levi stood in Erwin's office disgusted. He didn't want to even enter his bedroom afraid of what he might find waiting for him. He simply stood there waiting for Erwin to come out himself.

"Y/N, Darling did you hear me? " cooed Erwin.

"Yeah, I heard you loud and clear Erwin"

Erwin peeked out his head to find Levi standing there with his arms folded staring at him.

"Oh..."

Erwin went back into his room and in a matter of seconds, returned fixing his collar from his shirt.

"How can I help you Levi?"

"I think I should be asking you that Erwin, what was it that you needed Y/N for this late at night"

Erwin's eyes widen as Levi simply smirked and sat himself on the chair across from Erwin.

"I didn't need anything Levi, it was just a personal matter to discuss. I don't think a large group gathering would have been appropriate for our discussion."

"Oh and what might that discussion be, as her Captain I think I have the right to know the well being of my cadets"

"Levi this matter falls more into a close friends type of conversation and from what I've seen I've doubt you'll ever even be a friend to her."

Levi felt offended by his statement. Sure, he and Y/N had a rough time especially in the public eye, but they had gotten close and in his opinion he felt he was closer to her than anyone else just as she was with him. They both were there for each other's downfalls and weak points and even shared a few jokes here and there like friends have. If anything they could even be closer than that, after all this "friendship" of theirs had even faced a sexual frustration together. I mean what non-close friendship does that.

"Please, I'm more friends with her than you'll ever know" Levi responded.

"Oh yes, I'm sure the super all friendly Levi has become best friends with the Y/N" said Erwin as he stood to grab a drink.

"Please..Y/N and you are total opposites. She's a friendly like-able and chatty gal and you my dear friend are well... just quiet and stern"

"Oi!"

Erwin just chuckled as Levi quickly got offended by his remarks. Usually he wouldn't even bother, he was never interested in the girl anyways, but tonight was different. What could have changed his mind. Could it be the fact that he had seen her more broken than ever tonight, worried for her. Or might have it been seeing her so close to Erwin tonight, basically dry humping each other out in the open. Maybe he was jealous as he saw Erwin pouring liquor from his mouth into hers, their lips getting closer each time. It made him think of his lips against her's and the warm sensation he felt. Maybe he was upset he wasn't the one she pulled to dance with, but even then he knew he'd reject her right then and there. Or overall it could be the fact that she had pecked him tonight on his cheeks and forehead, giving him those butterflies. Whatever it was, he knew it had to do with Y/N.   

He saw Erwin's slum grin on his face and he couldn't help but shoot him a glare. He was so infuriated he couldn't even hold back his tongue. 

"Yeah, you're right we aren't friends. Friends don't sit on each other's laps and caress each other" 

Erwin choked back at his drink and let out a small chuckle, "You're a funny man Levi, I doubt it. You could be saying that just to make me jealous. Maybe you're trying to drive me away from her like always."

Levi simply scoffed and rolled his eyes, there was no point in arguing with an intoxicated Erwin. Levi turned around and walked towards the door, he stood waiting by the door knowing  well that Erwin was going to tag along. Erwin placed his drink down and followed Levi out the door.

---

Walking down towards the dance area, both men scan the tables hoping to find an intoxicated Y/N. Both men had planned to call it a night for her and take her to her room so she can hit the hay. But to their dismay, Y/N wasn't at any table. Thinking she might have been hungry, they checked the food stands, but still no Y/N in sight. Both thought she had maybe called it a night or one of her friends had escorted her already to her room, until a pair of blue eyes and eyebrows spotted the woman they were looking for. 

Erwin stood frozen for a mer second with anger plastered on her face, Levi followed his eyes and soon his face turned into anger as well. There in the middle of the crowd danced the life of the party, but she was not alone. Y/N was on the dance floor dancing a very close proximity next to Jean. Jean had taken the opportunity to snatch Y/N while the Commander was gone and even stole his little liquor trick. Connie and Sasha and the pair started laughing and following each others dance moves. Connie tried to twerk his butt, rubbing it on Sasha as she pretended to spank him. A sly smirk formed on Jean's face as he took the chance to do the same dance move only that Y/N would be in the position of twerking and rubbing herself onto him. Y/N thought nothing of it, she'd seen it nothing as playful banter with her friend, so she went in for it.

As soon as the dance move began, Erwin and Levi's eyes shot out of their heads. They turned red at the sudden moments and shot up to the couple and separated them in a flash. Jeans eyes widen in horror while Y/N simply pouted having her fun ruined.

"Cadet Kirstein you know better than not to be expressing such inappropriate PDA. Such foul behavior" growled Erwin as he pulled Y/N back and away from Jean.

"But-"

"No, buts Kirstein. Stop acting like a boy and act like a responsible man. 1 month stable duty" jumped Levi, venom in his voice.

Jean simply nodded and apologized, he felt so embarrassed he decided to call it a night and scurry to his room.

Both men turned to Y/N, but much to their dismay, once again she was gone as if she was never there to begin with.

Erwin's head pounded annoyed with having lost her again while Levi just huffed in annoyance. Erwin decided to call it a night and headed to room almost sure, Y/N must have retreated.

And now Levi stood alone wondering wether to continue the hunt or retreat to his room. As he sighed, he made up his mind and scanned the floor and area once again.

No Y/N in sight. He decided it was best to ask one of her friends, but he couldn't find them either.

Now upset having no clue on Y/N's where about's he started walking around in hopes of finding her.