57

Sad, fearful eyes open. They look up to the ceiling. A million thoughts began to race into their head.  They try to move, but pain shoots through every direction.   

"Ah you're awake" squeaked a voice.

They tilt their head slowly to the direction of the voice to see a Hange, a sad smile greeting them.

"W-" They froze thinking for a second.

"I'm sorry, but if your gonna ask the answer is no"

Silence swallowed the room.

They look down at their hands on their lap. 

A slow nod of understandment was made.

Hange sighed before she stood. She placed a hand on their shoulder giving them a squeeze before she quietly excuse herself. Leaving the injured soldier all alone with their thoughts.

---

Making their way down the corridor they faced the portraits that hanged on the wall. They eyed Erwin's, as an image floods in their head. They remember the look on their face. The way their eyes looked. They both shared the same agonizing pain in their eyes when they faced the realization that Erwin was dead. 

Their thoughts were interrupted as they see Hange and a man approaching. The man carried a large portrait. They followed them as they stopped just a few feet from where they were originally at. 

The man reveals the portrait of Hange, hanging it right next to Erwins, an official statement of who the new Commander is. Hange quietly thanked the man. Turning to it, she stared at the portrait with a blank expression, she couldn't feel nothing at the moment. All she felt was complete numbness. She turned to face them, as did they.

They stared down at the bolo-tie Hange was wearing,  a memory flashed in their mind.

"They would be proud " she said as she followed their eyes

"Right" they mumbled.

Hange gave them a nod before leaving. Her boots squeaked as they hit the floor. They see as Armin comes up to her, they greeted each other. Arimin feels their presence and turns to them. A sad small smile makes its way to Armin's face as he nodded at them in a sort of a greeting. They nod back at them before Armin turned back around and followed Commander Hange out, speaking about the new upcoming expedition. 

They stare at the now empty hallway. They made their way down the hall and found themselves at a door. The door that started it all. They stare at it, hoping an image of them would open the door. They want them to be there, waiting for them as if it was just another one of their regular nights. They're body ached for the warmth of their touch, but at last they couldn't ask for such a thing from a now cold corpse.

They gave the door a final look as if giving it one more chance to reveal them. They waited and all they got was nothing as a response, just a dark door that was surrounded by darkness and eerie silence.

They gave the door a nod as if understanding the reality of the situation. They turned and made their way down the hallway one last time.

THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY! OMG IT TRULY MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. JUST READING IT ALREADY GIVES ME THE MOTIVATION TO KEEP MOVING FOWARD. IT WAS DEF FUN WRITING THIS STORY AND TRYING TO MAKE IT AS MUCH ORIGINAL FROM OTHERS SO YOU WOULDN'T BE BORED WITH THE SAME THING LIKE ME! I'D LIKE TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM YOU READERS AND OF COURSE ANY LIKES YOU'D LIKE TO GIVE!

AS ALWAYS IM SENDING YOU MY MUCH LOVE!

-KARLA <3