31

In the blink of an eye, you were found once again on your horse awaiting for the gates to open. You had longed missed the air from outside and were eager for it. Looking down at the horse you patted it, wishing this one would make it back with you.

Levi trotted on his horse past you to the front sending you a nod. You gave him a small smile and nodded back.

-FLASHBACK-

It was the night before the expedition. The nightmare was at it's prime, showing you the horrid scenes from the first expedition. The thoughts and guilt came swarming into your head and once again you found yourself awake trying to hold in your tears. Afraid of the new scenes awaiting you at your new expedition.

A quiet knock on the door made you get up and answer it since Sasha was in deep slumber. Opening the door you found Levi standing there. Before you can ask him what he needed he grabbed your hand and took you with him. At his office, he sat back on the couch with one leg on the couch and the other hanging off it. He patted to the space between his legs as you stood there confused. He didn't know how to explain himself that he was trying to comfort you. He huffed frustrated and reached for your hand, pulling you towards him. You laid on his chest as you sat in the space between his legs where he had patted previously. As soon as you felt Levi's shaky nervous arms wrap around you into a hug, a small smile grew on your face as you understood his genuine intentions.  

You let out a deep sigh of relaxation and placed a hand on top of Levi's. You squeezed it as a way to thank him for his kind actions. You look up to him and see him staring into the fire. You were sure he was still thinking about his old team, you could see the guilt in his eyes. Realizing he needed affection just as much as you did, you lightly ran your fingers up and down on his arm in a soothing way as you stared at the fire with him. Levi's eyes broke away from the fire and they landed on you, the fire casting a glow on your face. 

The little butterfly feeling started swarming in him as he felt your fingers brush up and down his arm. His mind and the feeling was screaming for him to give you more affection, to share himself openly with you. He wanted so badly to kiss you right then and there and beg you to stay with him, to accept him and him only and give him what he's always wanted..love. He had come to the conclusion that those feelings he felt around you wasn't from sexual frustration, it came from liking you, better yet it was from deep adoration for you. 

His lips trembled as they started slowly making its way towards you. Halfway there, He let his nerves get the best of him making him retreat, but before he was able to you looked up at him. Both eyes locked onto each other. 

Levi was entranced by your eyes, sucking him in deeper into his feelings. You looked into his eyes admiring him, you were so thankful to have finally made amends with him. He played his role as your friend well and you enjoyed his company and having him around. You had nothing, but the up most respect for the man. Those nights where he's comfort you had helped you immensely. You turned and cupped his face, titled his head down towards you, and gave him a kiss on his forehead. Levi didn't know how to respond so he sat there mute.

You got up from the couch and walked towards to the door. Levi quickly sat up from his seat afraid he had scared you away. Before he spoke you turned to look at him, a serious face displayed on your features.

"Don't worry we'll get her"

Levi stood confused for a second until he understood who you were referring to.

 He sent you a nod.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Now riding out with your new teammates, you were faced once again with surrounding danger. The same map out was directed, but now belonging to Levi's team you were directed to stay together then to separate in order to protect Eren. Being on the outside of the small group formation, you and Jean took care of any titans close by as you and the team made your way towards the forest. 

Entering the forest, you felt uneasy. Your hands trembled and your knuckles went white as you held on tightly onto the reins of the horse afraid it was going to throw you off once again. Slowly going in deeper into the forest, your group dismounted and were told to look for any clues on the female titan's whereabouts except for Eren who was to stay at Levi's side at all times. 

Walking around, staying high on alert, you felt yourself relax. When you had first gotten off your horse, you were afraid the ground was going to drag you in like in your dreams, but to your surprise the ground stood firm below your feet. You looked around and recognized it as the spot where the horrific scene played out. 

As you continued walking you stopped dead in your tracks. You felt your skin crawl with goosebumps as your hairs stood up as you looked at the tree. Your pupils widen and shook violently not wanting to accept the sight in front of you. The same tree you would repeatedly crawl to in your dreams, stood there with blood from last time smeared on it's trunk.

THE BLOOD SHOULD BE GONE BY NOW HOW IS IT STILL THERE

"Welcome back home" whispered a voice. Your hands gripped onto your blades tightly. Hot tears slowly made their appearance as you scanned the area around you. Acknowledging the weapons that stood alongside you, you felt the fear turn into determination. 

You were eager to end it as soon as possible.