40

That late night after reuniting with your friends, you ended up spending the night with them, neither one of you wanting to be away from each other. And there the four of you laid, tightly yet comfortably all into one bed.

Just like the day you had fought Mikasa, you were all in the same spots. You laid in the middle as Connie and Sasha were on your sides, snuggling up against you. Jean laid on your chest on top of you as he fell asleep hugging you. The only sound in the room was Jean's quiet little snore.

---

Levi moved around his bed. He was sweating, his eyebrows furrowed in worry as he moved his head from side to side as if he looked for something or someone. He shot up from his bed as he awoke from his nightmare.

The scene of your death had once again replayed in his nightmare. It was the same nightmare he had dreamt of since you were gone. He laid back onto his side as he thought of his nightmare. Just thinking about it brought tears in his eyes.

It felt so realistic, he needed confirmation that you indeed were still alive, present and sleeping in your room like you should be. He wanted to see you and make sure you were truly back.

As he swung his feet to the the floor, he sat up on his bed looking down to the ground. Even if you were there, what excuse could he have for visiting you this late. I mean you would visit each other at night for comfort, but he knew that you would know that it'd be over him worrying for you. He was afraid that you would easily see right through him and see the feelings he's developed for you. After all, he's become all soft whenever he's around you, a big stuttering mess turning fully submissive at your every will.

He hungrily craved for your hugs, more so a kiss. He really wanted to see you, hear you, feel you. He shot off the bed and headed to your room, not being able to hold his craving any longer.

He slowly poked his head into your room, "Y/N?" 

No response. Fearing that you had actually not came back, he entered your room. His heart dropped as he saw your room untouched. Your room was in the same way you found it, the bed was made indicating you had not slept in it.

Tears brimmed his eyes. He shook his head in disbelief. But it felt so real, he thought. He walked over to your desk, a sigh of relief escaped him as he saw that the cake was missing from its spot and the letters that were once on the ground were all on the desk. But where could you be? Maybe you couldn't sleep and headed outside like you do sometimes.

He set off outside. He looked through the grass fields, the pond, the roof, the kitchen and anywhere he thought he might find you. Nothing. How could you have disappeared all the sudden. He walked back to check your room one more time, maybe you were in the restroom when he entered. 

Entering your room once again, you were no where in sight. He began to pace around your room. His eyes wandered over to the photo on the desk. That's it. Maybe you were still hanging with the stooges trying to catch up, if not they might have an idea where you might be. He went off to their room.

Levi cracked open the door and peaked his head. He looked confused as he saw only one bed be occupied while the other three bunks were empty. Walking over to the occupied bed, he froze as he saw the four of you all sharing one bed, embracing and snuggling up each other as you all slept.

His eyes landed on you as he saw you peacefully sleeping. He couldn't help, but feel a bit of jealousy as he saw Jean laying right on top of your chest, hugging you as he slept with you. He wanted to be in his position, being able to hold you like that with no care in the world. He wanted to be able to hear your heartbeat and feel as your chest rises and falls. He saw your hand placed on top of his head, knowing well you had caressed his hair as he fell asleep.

He sighed in defeat, knowing well there was no way of being with you tonight. He quietly creeped out.

Walking down the corridor towards his office, he passed Erwin who was walking back from the direction of your room. Both men can feel a sort of tension in the air.

 Both men can feel a sort of tension in the air

Levi simply ignored it and continue his way down the corridor towards his office. Erwin stopped and called out to Levi.

"Captain Levi, Have you happened to see L/N anywhere?"

"No, Why do you need her so late Erwin?" He asked.

"I just wanted to confirm some things before finishing my report" he lied through his teeth. 

The truth was he missed you. He wanted to invite you and formally ask you if you would sleep with him in his bed tonight, hoping you'd say yes and the both of you can snuggle and embrace each other as you drift off to sleep. Maybe it would better and built the relationship between the both of you even more, Erwin thought.

"No, check her room if not ask maybe her comrades or something. I'd suggest you wait till tomorrow. She's had a long journey and she's over due for some rest"

Erwin knew Levi had a point about that. He sighed in defeat knowing well he was not going to lay with you tonight. He thanked Levi and made his way back to his office by himself instead of you tagging along side holding onto his arm as he had hoped you would have.

Levi looked down at the ground. Erwin really was the man suited enough to take care of such a perfect-godly being such as yourself thought Levi. He believed you deserved the best of everything and he would do nothing, but give you the total opposite of it, thinking back to the physical arguments you both once had. With that final thought, he began walking back to his room hoping to try and sleep.

---

Jean awoke as heard the door of his bedroom close for the second time. He opened his eyes to see if it was one of his friends who had maybe slipped away, but everyone was in attendance. His sleepy eyes drifted to you. A small smile appeared on his face as he saw you sleeping so peaceful. He was truly grateful for your return, he had missed you so much. He slowly bent over your figure and placed a small kiss on your forehead, then one on each cheek before he went to lay back onto your chest. He felt your hand reappear on his head as you began to run your fingers through his hair caressing it. 

"Go back to sleep Pretty boy" you whispered sleepy.

Jean turned red hearing what you called him and snuggled deeper into your chest as he hugged your waist. He slowly drifted off once again into deep slumber with a faint smile on his face as he heard your heartbeat sing him to sleep.