32

Your initial though to end this ever day nightmare once and for all was to catch the female titan. It seemed like it was the only solution. After all this was going to help you erase those thoughts of guilt. You needed to see that you were not responsible for your comrades death, you were not at fault for being useless in trying to help them when you, yourself were defenseless and weak at the moment. It was the female titans fault, she was responsible for killing all these innocent people and you needed to catch the killer to confirm it. 

Your ears perked up at the sound of a twig snapping. You threw out ur arm with the blade and slashed the area behind you. As you turned around you saw a chunk of dark brown hair make its way down to the ground. Eren stood before you with wide eyes as he held onto his cheek along side Levi who stared at you with shock. Looking at Eren, you could see blood starting to slowly drip down down to the ground where the dirt absorbed it. He moved his hand and found a deep cut in his cheek. Your eyes widen at the realization that you had slashed at Eren causing to cut his cheek and a fat chunk of hair.

You dropped your blades and ran to Eren to help and apologize for your actions, when you felt a force shove you down to the ground. Levi stood towering over you, a mad expression written all over his face. 

"WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING CADET!"

"I'm sorry cap-"

"YOU COULD HAVE KILLED YEAGER"

"I said I was sorry-"

"SORRY DOESN'T BRING BACK THE DEAD, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE" he spat.

His words burned in you, you felt your hands ball into fists and angry tears form in your eyes

"WELL MAYBE DON'T FUCKING SNEAK UP ON PEOPLE WHEN WE'RE ON A LOOK OUT ASSHOLE"

Levi's eyes burned into yours, he felt his leg wind back on it's own ready to swing at your side. 

Eren ran and stood in between the two of you,

 "It was an accident Captain, she didn't mean it"

He turned around and offered his hand to you. You stood up and brushed off the dirt. You looked up to Eren and immediately started a continuous loop of apologies as you held a handkerchief to his cheek trying your best to clean the wound. Eren simply laughed it off and told you not to worry about it, claiming he's been through much worse.

"Let's go Eren" Interrupted Levi.

Eren nodded and left your side going on ahead.

"Get your shit together cadet" spat Levi before he turned and left you alone.

Sighing you went back to searching for any clues.

---

What felt like an hour or two, you found no signs of the female titan. You haven't even ran into a titan. You felt yourself relax little by little seeing no threat. You were happy to see you would face no danger today, but you were disappointed in not being able to catch her.

Walking back to the designated meet up spot, you saw someone zoom up in the trees with their hood on. Seeing that you were close to the meet up spot, you assumed it had to be one of the three stooges trying to pull a joke on you.

"HAHA very funny" you said in a monotone voice, not in the mood.

You put away your blades not wanting to accidentally cut someone again and you zoomed up towards the tree where you saw the figure. Before your feet could plant onto the branch, you felt  a burning sensation on your side which caused you to miss the branch and slip. Luckily you quickly reacted and used the gas to make yourself land safely. Looking down on your side you found a deep slash with heavy blood leaking out of it. Looking up at the tree where you had fallen you saw her.  And with that it all made sense, she looked identical to the female titan.

"Annie" you whispered.

A slow smile sprawled across her face as she squatted on the branch. She looked at her blade as wiped off some of your blood off. 

"Nice to see you again Y/N"

"Why" was all you managed to ask.

"Can't let you go babbling now can I" 

"You know dam well that's not what I'm asking" you growled.

"Where's Eren" she asked, skipping over your question.

Looking down at your injury, you knew you couldn't run to the meet up spot for help. You would simply lead Annie to Eren like she wants you too and put your friends in danger. You calmly took off your jacket and tightly wrapped tied it around your waist so the side could stop bleeding. You composed yourself, you were given the opportunity to face the killer like you wanted and now was your chance to finally catch her and wash away all the nightmares and guilt.

Not even second guessing it, you shot up with blades in both hands aiming at Annie. There was no way you were going to let her out of your grasp, not after all she's done. 

Annie didn't even flinch when she felt the cold blade on her neck. She knew she couldn't let you escape alive, not after you figured out her identity, you would simply blow up the whole plan. She couldn't turn into a titan just yet, not until she was sure of Eren's location. If she did, people would spot her right away and attack her like last time. 

Starting to feel blood trickle out of her neck, she kicked you off of her and sent you down to the ground. As you crashed down onto the ground, Annie simply smiled, put her hood on for precautions and put her blade away. Coming down to the ground, she kneeled in front of you. She wiped out two daggers from each side of her leg.

You felt your head get smashed back into the trunk of the tree as a handkerchief was forced into your mouth and with that a sharp pain shot through your hand and a muffled screamed burned out of your throat.

Annie had stabbed the dagger right through your hand and into the trunk, keeping you pinned to the tree. Hot tears came out of your eyes and more screams came out as Annie twisted and pushed it in further into both your hand and tree lodging it well.

"Now since I do consider myself a nice person, I'll give you two options. Tell me where Eren is and I'll only cut off your tongue and hands so you won't go tell who I am or don't tell me anything and just die a slow painful death"