39

He helped pick up the rest of the letters and put it on your desk. Looking at your direction, he caught the glimpse of your glistening eyes. Following your eyes he saw you staring at the cake and the picture of you and your three little stooges.

Quiet tears streamed down your face as you picked up the photo. You looked away from the photo and looked at the cake in awe. Knowing who that craftsmanship belong to, your three little stooges. Your friends had made you a cake for your birthday and to top it off, there was no bite nor lick on the cake, indicating that not even Sasha dared to touch your cake.

Looking at the flavor, you knew Jean had picked it out. You smiled knowing well he lead the other two probably reading out the recipe. You were certain Sasha was in charge of handling the baking since she had the most experience and always wants to be the one handling the food. And you giggled looking at the decoration of the cake, recognizing the same squiggly lines Connie made when he helped you make the Survey Appreciation Day posters.

"Aren't they the cutest ?!" you said to Levi, picking up the cake and showing it to him proudly like a mother showing off her children's work.

"Please, probably food poisoning"

"Aww come on Levi, Look at it" you took a whiff of it "It smells good too"

"Yeah, they sure are something. Just don't be surprised when you get the shits"

You rolled your eyes, "Hey if duty calls, duty calls. Am I right?"

"That was so not funny Y/N" He said with a straight face

You laughed, "Wait I have one more-"

"No, I can already tell it's a bad one"

"But you love shit jokes"

"Yeah, but your not good at them. Your pretty shit at them"

"No please...wait was that a joke?" you said grinning at him.

He couldn't help, but grin back.

You laughed, "Alright but let me try one more time pleasseee"

"Fine"

"Alright, Alright..Why did Captain Levi wash his hands?"

".......*sighs*....why?"

"CAUSE IT WAS HIS DUTY"

"......."

"AWW COME ON THAT WAS A GOOD ONE"

Levi couldn't help, but chuckle as you pouted. He opened the door to your room, "I'll go get the stooges for you. We'll have them taste test that monstrosity it to make sure it's not hazardous"

You laughed and nodded. As he left, something fell out of his back pocket. You bent down to pick it up and unfolded. There in pretty, elegant hand writing stood your name on the front of the envelope. A small smile spread on your lips.

MUST BE MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT, HE MUST OF BEEN TOO SHY TO GIVE IT TO ME. HOW SWEET

You placed the the letter into a book to uncrease the folds and put it in of your drawers to read it later.

Levi returned by himself which left you confused.

"They won't leave their room"

"Why?"

"They been locked in there since you've been gone. Only coming out when needing to grab food or do training. After that they stumble back in without saying a word. Plus they refuse to enter your room"

"Did you tell them I'm here?"

"Why would I ruin the surprise idiot"

"Woah, I'm surprised they wouldn't even listen to you"

"Well since it's not training or an Expedition, they don't really have to"

"hmmm good to keep in mind, thank you Captain"

"Don't get any ideas Cadet" he scoffed.

You picked up the cake and headed out the door, "You coming or what Levi"

Levi followed behind you as you made your way to the stooge's room.

"OI! COME OUT BRATS!" said Levi as he knocked aggressively on the door.

"We already told you we're not coming out. Connie already picked up food" said Sasha through the door.

"Not even for cake?" you asked

"No, stop trying to persuade us" replied Connie, not recognizing your voice the first time.

Both you and Levi looked at each other dumbfounded.

"How stupid can they be" Levi said rolling his eyes.

You shushed him.

"Alright we'll I guess I'll eat my cake alone...on my birthday"

The other end was dead quiet. Suddenly, chatter commenced. You can hear them talking over each other. They discussed wether it was someone trying to pull their tail, trying to make them come out or maybe all 3 had really started to loose it. It then went quiet again. Jean had made the group decision of checking, not wanting to miss the opportunity of seeing you once again.

The door creaked as it opened slowly.

You and Levi looked at each other confused, not finding anyone at the door. Suddenly, three heads popped out on the side of the door to peek at who was outside. Their eyes widen at the sight of you standing there with a cake in both your hands as Levi stood next to you with his arms crossed.

"Surprise?"

Connie rubbed his eyes aggressively not buying it once again. Jean's mouth hanged open and Sasha's eyes brimmed with tears. The three had really started to think they were losing it looking at each other is disbelief. It felt as if you were all having a staring contest.

"OI! Aren't you happy to see her?" asked an annoyed Levi.

The three looked at him blankly. He must be loosing it too or is he part of the hallucination.

Levi looked at them with a confused face, weirded out by their stares. You to began to worry.

"So...No Cake?" you asked them.

As if hearing your voice once again was a confirmation of reality, They ran and tackled you to the ground, taking the cake down with them. The three pulled you into a tight embrace on the floor as they sobbed out your name. Your laugh of joy quickly turned into sobs as well, realizing how much you had missed them, not even caring about the mess they made with the cake.

Levi wanted to scold at them for the mess with the cake and mostly because he was afraid they were going to hurt you with your fresh injuries, but seeing you as you sobbed with them on the floor, he stood back letting you four have your moment.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT, I'D LOVE TO SEE IF YOUR ENJOYING IT SO FAR!