55

Your heart raced at an abnormal rate.

 There it was, the beast titan coming into sight. Your eyes widen as you stared at the ape like titan. You can see his piercing eyes all the way from your spot. It's creepy smile sent a bone chilling shiver down your spine. 

From what you heard, you expected it to be at the same height as the female titan, but to your surprise it was much taller. Not an exageratting amount, but enough to scare the living shit out of you.

You felt absolutely numb as your horse galloped fast towards the target. You can already smell the disaster coming. Your brain triggered your nose to begin smelling that nasty Cooper, metallic smell you always hated. It triggered the image of that unwanted thick liquid you can't stand. And for the moment, everything began to flash into your head. From your first traumatic expedition to the last one where you were stranded with Annie all alone at the outside of the walls.

You began to tremble as you can feel as if the blood from before returned to your body, drenching you from head to toe. The permanent paint you tried so hard to wash away. You can feel the stickiness of it. The whispers from before came flooding in. 

You wished just for a moment to feel Levi's warmth again. You wanted to find yourself again late at night with Levi. The feeling of him holding you and rocking with you. The whisperings of sweet nothings. The feeling of his chest rising against yours. The feeling of his hair as you ran your fingers through his hair. His rare smile and warm eyes that only appeared for you. He was the feeling of safety. You wanted the feeling of the man who rescued you from death itself, your savior.

You blinked out of the trance of thought as you hear your soldiers from behind you talking all at once. The voices of fear rang into your ears. You turn to look at them. They were paled, wide eyed with sweat coming out of every pore. It was hard to even indicate what was sweat and what was tears.

You turned to see to what caused the soldiers horrific faces. And as you looked up your face turned the same. 

The beast titan held countless of boulders in his large hand. Your jaw fell to the floor as your heart sunk when you began to realize what was about to happen. You see as the Beast begins to roll the boulders in his hand like dice before he whined his arm behind him and threw them towards you.

Your eyes begged to squeeze shut hoping whatever was coming would disappear, but you simply couldn't. As you see the boulders approach you gripped the reins of the horse preparing the horse to move.

You manage to steer clear of one coming directly towards you. Relief washed over, but soon the worse took a turn as a boulder hit the direct legs of your horse, crushing it's legs. The horse dropped into a swift motion and sent you flying.

You covered your face as you landed harshly onto the ground. Your ears began to ring as screams filled your ears. Trying your best to stand up, you turn to see soldiers being killed and crushed.

Blood splattered all around you. You look down at the corpses laying near you. Their eyes were pray open, leaving blank melancholy stares. 

You hear your name being yelled out. Your head whips to find one of your Garrison soldiers racing towards you. His hand reached out to yours. You quickly stood up as you stuck out your hand to him. As your fingers bushed against his, a boulder kill off the interaction as it smashed him completely in front of you. The strong force sent you to the ground as his blood and guts splattered on to you. 

You began to tremble as you can feel pieces of flesh sliding off of you. You can feel the still warm blood and guts on you. And at the moment all you wanted to do was scream and retreat, accept your fate as a failure.