24

It was finally the day of the Survey Appreciation Day and you could hardly hold your content. You had manage to hit the end mark and were pretty happy with the way everything had turned out. You woke up early to help and instruct the placement of each decoration and set up. 

Watching everyone hang out with their family and friends brought joy to your face. You could see from afar Connie and Jean pulling Sasha as she scrambled to try every food in her sight. Connie's eyes landed on you and beamed, giving you a thumbs up. You smiled and walked along to check on everything else. Looking down at your clipboard you bumped into someone and fell onto the ground.  You looked up and were greeted with three individuals. Hange was beaming at you with a cotton candy in her hand, Erwin stood in the middle with a directory map and Levi stood on his side with his arms folded.

"Amazing how we manage to meet each other eh L/N" said Erwin as he held out his hand for you.

"Amazing indeed Commander" you said brushing off your clothes.

"Why are you still in uniform?" asked Hange.

"Uhh, I was so focused on everything else I totally forgot to slip out of uniform" you said eyeing everyone else's clothes.

"TCH. Another excuse" muttered Levi.

You didn't even look at Levi, you just shook your head and looked at the other two paying no mind to him. Erwin had started showing you the map and asked you questions relating to certain activities while Hange asked where the BBQ stand was since they had planned to meet up with Sasha, Connie and Jean to hang out. You kindly offered them assistance, and even walked them to the booth yourself.

"When will you hang out with us Y/N?" asked Sasha as she took a bite out of a Turkey leg.

"Um not sure, I want to make sure everyone is having fun and everything is running smoothly" you said as you didn't bother to look at him. You were too busy looking at your agenda on the clipboard.

"Okay, but what about you, when are you gonna have fun?" asked Connie

Everyone turned to you and nodded in agreement. You sighed and put your clipboard down away from your face and looked at everyone. Even Levi nodded in agreement which made your brow raise in amusement. You looked down and ran your hand through your hair.

"Tell you what, I'll hang out with you guys in the evening when the dance commences, I still need to take care of some things" you said smiling at them.

"We can help, so you can finish faster" said Jean.

You shook your head and kindly decline the offer, insisting them to enjoy their well earned day. Before they could protest, you quickly excused yourself and made your way into the crowd. 

You had finished early afternoon after running check ups with each stand and giving each their well deserved pay. You made your way to your room and laid on your bed staring at the bottom of the top bunk. You sighed, closed your eyes for a bit and slept, but soon you were transported to the forest. You were sitting ,surrounded by corpses and nothing but silence. You looked down and you were covered in blood once again with bodies laying on your lap and some leaning on your shoulders. A blade came flying out of no where and missed completely, disappearing into the dark forrest. You picked yourself up slowly pulling away from the corpses. You began walking trying to look for a way out, but there was nothing but darkness that surrounded the trees. The more you went in, the darker it got. Your steps became heavier, you felt yourself sinking into the ground where the corpses laid. You assumed you were going the right way, the ground was just trying to keep you away from your goal. 

You sank more and more.

PLEASE IM ALMOST THERE. You started dragging yourself faster, you sensed as if you were almost there. PLEASE.  you begged as you felt a tear slowly coming down your cheek. Soon you felt the sinking stop. You quickly got up on your feet and started making a run for it until you felt yourself...limping. You looked down at your leg in disappointment. PLEASE NOT NOW.  A horse neighed from a far. You stood with tears now streaming down your face, relief washing over you. You whistled as loud as you could and soon the horse came into view. YES, YES THANK YOU YES. You ran as fast as you could towards the horse. Then a hand came and picked up the horse, your eyes widen and you stopped, realizing you had dragged yourself into the same exact nightmare you relive every night. The titan chomped on the horse and once again the blood sprouted out like a water fountain, drenching you in its blood. You fell onto your knees in defeat. You felt the blood starting to harden all around you. You slowly dragged yourself and laid on a tree, letting the blood harden and take over completely. You see the corpses pulling you into welcoming embraces. They laid on you once again. Some leaned on your shoulders, some laid on your lap, some on your feet, kissing the sole of your shoes. You turned to the side and see the corpse you've seen before. It smiled at you, and caressed your face, it's thumb slowly stroking your cheek. It looked as if It were welcoming you to your death, almost as if you always had belonged there to begin with. Soon the blood harden all around your body making you stay in place, molding in with the rest of the corpses. It soon harden all around your face, blocking your view and oxygen. You felt yourself dying.

You shot up from your bed, tears running down and your hands held in fists. You could still feel the cold hand of the corpse caressing your right cheek. You placed your hand in that spot, feeling the sensation slowly fade away. You rose from your bed and calmed yourself down. You took out your outfit for the evening and locked yourself in the bathroom, washing away the nightmare and the thoughts just for tonight.