14

It was finally early morning of the expedition. You had barely managed to close your eyes last night. You got up and awoke Sasha and headed to get dressed. You sat quietly putting on your straps. You felt your bed shift and see Sasha next to you fumbling with her straps. This was the first time you see her in deep concentration. She was starting to get irritated with the straps, failing to put them on her legs properly. You bent down in front of her and started strapping her straps for her. The room was dead quiet except for the sound of the buckles. When you finished  you looked up to see Sasha staring off into space. You looked down not quite sure what to say. You simply squeezed her thigh and gave her a small closed smile. Sasha stared at you then down at your hand. She placed it on top of yours and returned the smile. There were no words needed to share in that moment. You knew she was worried and she knew you felt the same. You rose to your feet and grabbed her hand and started to head out. Walking towards the door she notice your small limping.

"Y/N YOUR LIMPING!"

You quickly covered her mouth not wanting anyone near by to hear.

"Yeah, I had accidentally twisted my ankle last night"

"WHAT IF IT'S FRACTURED! YOUR NOT IN THE BEST SHAPE TO GO OUT LIKE THAT"

Again you covered her mouth, annoyed with her loudness.

"Please, I can handle it. It's just a limp. I can still walk"

"Mmmmm..I don't know. Let's ask your Captain if she's cool with it"

"Sasha you better not"

"......"

"Sasha, I'm serious"

"Ugh. Fine"

"Good, Now let's hurry up and hop on our horses before anyone else notices"

Quickly grabbing your gear, you said good bye to Sasha and headed out as fast as you could to your horse.

"HEYYYYY Y/N. YOUR NOT GONNA SAY GOOD LUCK TO YOUR BEST FRIEND?!" screamed Connie who was now walking towards you with Jean besides him.

"Yeah, and you couldn't wait for me?!" said Jean with his arms folded, pouting at you.

You slowly turned around and faced them with a smile.

"I-I Of course not! I was looking for you both"

"You were walking towards your horse....."

"Well Connie, if you must know. I was gonna meet you guys when I was already good to go. wouldn't want to be late on my first expedition" 

Jean and Connie looked at each other.

"Riiggghhhht" they said in unison. 

You rolled your eyes at them. You were only a few feet away from them and you knew they would take notice, especially Jean who had an eye of an Eagle. You stood there and instead of walking towards them, you opened your arms in a welcoming stance. The boys smiled and ran into your arms. You gave them each a small peck and tried to avoid the tears that were threatening to leave your eyes. 

"I'll see you soon Connie" you whispered into his ear.

"Count on it Y/N" 

Connie turned and ran to his group. 

"Ready Y/N?"

"Lead the way Jean Boy"

Before he can push you in front of him so you can lead instead, you hugged him from the back and walked like that all the way to your horses. The whole time Jean blushed. He was really glad to have ended up in the same team as you. It made him even happier that it was just the two of you. Of course he enjoyed Connie and Sasha's company, but he definitely enjoyed yours the most. Since the start, you were the first one to approach him, complimenting his technique. You always cheered him on and supported him during training and every decision he's ever made. You'd even give him affection and acted as a girlfriend since you knew he was a bit broken over the constant rejection by Mikasa. He kinda wished you were his real girlfriend... The more he thought about it, the more he realized that he had slowly developed feelings for you over the course of your friendship. He was even more worried about your safety then anyone else's. Feeling the warmth of your arms disappear, Jean notice that you guys had made it to your horse. You patted his back as a thank you and before you can mount your horse, Jean pecked your cheek, whispered "Good Luck Y/N" and lifted you up to your horse. You looked down at Jean and  gave him a wink before you left to meet up with Hange, him following you shortly.

Now by the gate, you sat on your horse along side Hange, Moblit and Jean. Hange had been the happiest she's ever been, excited for the expedition and still excited over the whole Eren situation. Her positivity had grew on you, feeling no longer anxious. From behind, Levi started to come into view approaching Hange. As they shared some words, you focus your attention to the streets and the civilians, smiling at how happy they seemed. Your eyes continue to wander and landed on a small crack on the street. You looked around, seeing you still had time left you hoped off your horse and approached it. You bent down and admired the small yellow dandelion that stood there in the crack, being shone down by the sun. It looked so beautiful, in a world full of mostly concrete, stood life from the outside. 

"Oi! Get back to Hange, we're about to head off" said Levi as he approached you with his horse. 

You rose, patted Levi's horse which earned you a Tch and started limping towards your horse.

"Is that from yesterday?"

"yes, but I'm fine"

"mmmm. you should maybe stay, a small injury can still pull you back from giving it your all. Besides I don't want Hange babysitting you when we already have Eren to babysit"

"No. I'm fine thank you"

"Either way it's not your decision. I'll ask Erwin about this"

"Oh....you will? Shall I explain what happened to Erwin as well. I mean we'd both get in trouble but you most of all"

"Tch. Don't threaten me! have you forgotten I am a superior?!"

You mounted your horse and turned to him, "Wow and here I thought, we were on good terms"

"You know what, if you wanna get yourself killed be my guest. Not my fucken problem" he spat.

Happy you had won the argument, you grinned at him, "Good, then good luck to you Captain" and with that made your way back to Hange.

Halfway reaching Hange, Erwin galloped past you.

"Ready Cadet?" 

"Ready Commander" you said with a big smile on your face

Galloping away, Erwin displayed a small blush, but quickly turned off his emotions as he approached the front. There was no time to fawn over a girl at this time, it'd be an awful distraction for him.

There commenced the 57th Expedition, led by Commander Erwin Smith. 

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT, I'D LOVE TO SEE IF YOUR ENJOYING IT SO FAR!