Ghost hunting (Haechan) Part ~ 2

"But..." Y/N glanced at Renjun. She did not have a strong argument against going with Haechan. And some part of her did not want to argue either. The idea of going with Haechan was exciting even if it meant not carrying out the prank.

"Okay, I'm going with Jeno," said Renjun. "That leaves Shotaro and Jaemin." Renjun looked at Y/N and his head moved in an almost imperceptible nod. Meaning he would handle it somehow.

"Let's take the second floor, Haechan," Y/N said loud enough for Renjun to hear.

"But the ghost is on the second floor," Haechan whispered.

"That's why we're taking it," Y/N whispered back and pulled him along.

The pair had searched all the classrooms on the second floor twice. Y/N released an exasperated sigh. When was Renjun going to show up? He was taking too long.

"How do we summon the ghost?" Y/N asked finally. Haechan walked over to her.

"Hey, Y/N? Can't we just call it a day and go home? The ghost clearly doesn't want to make an appearance." He gestured to their surroundings, an empty hallway illuminated only by their torch lights and the occasional lightning from the windows. "Maybe he's shy."

"Then we'll just have to coax him into showing himself," Y/N said with a shrug.

Haechan placed his hands on his hips and scoffed. "You know you're really stubborn?" He said then smiled. "That's why I like you so much," he whispered in the quiet that followed the thunder. His smile instantly dropped as he saw Y/N's shocked expression. "Did I say that out loud?" Panic flooded his face as he realized his accidental confession.

"Did you just-" Y/N was cut off by the sound of a door slamming shut. Haechan jumped, moving two feet away. Y/N cursed in her head. Great timing Renjun. Just when things were getting good...

"Wh-who's there?" Haechan's voice failed him.

The pair looked around. "Didn't we close all the doors when we left the classrooms?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, definitely. I even double-checked," Haechan answered, his pitch rising with every word. "Y/N, come on, let's get out of here." He started pulling her arm to get her to the staircase.

"We can't just leave now," Y/N stopped him. She had to plant her feet firmly on the ground for Haechan to halt. "Let's record it." She pulled out her phone and started filming the hallway. Haechan held the bracelet tightly in his hand, his only shield.

Lightning flashed, illuminated the hallway for a heartbeat. "What's that?!" Haechan yelled, pointing towards a classroom window.

Y/N turned her phone in that direction but only found the empty classroom on the screen. "What's what?"

"For a second... I thought I saw..." Haechan trailed off, doubting his own eyes.

Y/N was still holding her camera in the direction of the window when it happened. Lightning flashed and revealed a boy behind the classroom window. His uniform and hair were dripping wet. His face was covered with open wounds and bruises. He had a thin black line around his neck that looked like someone had tried to strangle him.

Haechan and Y/N screamed in synchrony. Haechan threw the bracelet at the window, grabbed Y/N's hand, and started to run. This time, Y/N went with him without resistance. As they were descending the stairs, Y/N was thankful Haechan could not see the wide grin that she was finding difficult to contain.

Her face only returned to normal when they reached the inner gate of the school. Both were out of breath from their run. "You saw that too, right?" Haechan asked, gasping for air. Y/N nodded. "We should call the others."

Renjun and Jeno were the first to reach the meeting point. Haechan recalled their run-in with the ghost. Jeno didn't look convinced. After Shotaro and Jaemin came, Haechan started telling them the story too. While he did that, Y/N drew Renjun aside from the group.

"That was awesome," Y/N told him. "But I wish you had come a few minutes after."

"But you guys called us to come immediately," said Renjun, looking confused.

"I was talking about before. When you pranked us."

"What?" If it was possible, he looked even more confused. "Y/N, I couldn't prank you because you called us before I could get Jeno to cooperate."

"Come on, stop joking," Y/N lightly punched his arm. "I even made a video of it."

"Show me." Y/N played the video for him. The screen showed the moment when the ghost arrived. Y/N held her breath. Lightning flashed on the window followed by screams of the victims but no ghost.

Y/N was speechless. A numbness swept over her and she almost dropped her phone. "Y/N?" Jeno shook her shoulder. "You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Then he chuckled at his joke.

Y/N looked up, then laughed uneasily. "Don't be silly, ghosts don't exist."

The next day, Y/N came to school early morning. The ground was still wet from yesterday's rain. No one had come to clean up. Good.

She ran to the second floor, all the while keeping her eyes and ears open for anyone who might be following her. She reached the place where she had seen the ghost yesterday. She searched the floor for the bracelet Haechan had thrown. But it was gone.

xxx

This ending was probably very predictable but whatever.

Also, I'm opening the requests for this book!