You ain't going nowhere (Yuta)

You were running through the rain while holding your jacket above your head to stop yourself from getting wet as much as you could. To your dismay, the jacket wasn't a good enough cover. As you reached your apartment you were half drenched. But nonetheless, you smiled at the rain because you absolutely loved this weather.

You took the elevator to the fourth floor and stopped in front of your flat. You took your keys out and tried to insert it in the lock but failed miserably because of your shivering hands. You tried again, this time the key went in, you started to turn the key when you heard someone speak.

"Need a hand, sweetie?" The voice sent a chill down your already chilly spine. You turned around to have a look at the owner of the voice. He was a tall and intimidating man with muscled arms and a forked beard.

"N-no need to worry yourself, sir. I got it," you gave him a nervous smile and turned towards your door hoping he would leave, but he lingered. Should I open the door? You thought. What if he barges in? Can I outrun him?

"Ah," you lightly hit your forehead. "How silly of me, I forgot my stuff downstairs," you took a few steps away from him before breaking into a sprint. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, all the while screaming for help.

You thought you could outrun him, but that's where you were wrong. Suddenly you were pulled back by your shirt and slammed head first into a wall. At first you didn't feel anything, all your attention was on the hand placed on your mouth muffling your screams and the frightening man in front of you with his hideous snarl.

"You ain't going nowhere, cutie," he said in the same hair-raising voice. You shut your eyes, dreading the moment to come when suddenly you heard glass shattering and the weight was lifted off of you, causing you to slump to the floor.

"Are you alright?" A male voice asked, this voice was soft, familiar. You opened your eyes and saw Yuta, your neighbour. You saw the molester lying unconscious on the floor with streaks of blood on his bald head and a broken glass bottle near him. You shook your head and started sobbing.

"Shh, it's okay," Yuta stroked your wet hair and tried to console you. The violent trembling had turned into slight shivering. The cops were called and you were inside the safety of your house along with Yuta after being asked a few questions by the police.

"That guy will be taken to the hospital," you sighed, having calmed down.

"Yeah, I mean, I did break the guy's head."

"Thank you, Yuta," you said before sipping your hot chocolate that he had made for you.

"For breaking his head?" You raised an eyebrow at him, he smiled before shaking his head. "That guy was twice my size, it's a good thing I had that bottle with me."

"I was talking about the hot chocolate," you said teasingly. He chuckled and got up.

"Well, I should be leaving," you nodded and saw him out the door.

The next day, you were called to the police station just as expected. Turns out, the man was alright, apparently he had a thick skull. You answered some more questions and came back home. After that day you occasionally sent Yuta a cake that you baked or invited him over for dinner as a token of gratitude. And soon you had become more than just neighbours and more than friends.

×××

Thank you for reading! Please consider voting if you liked the chapter.

Also, I'd love it if you gave some feedback:)