Trust (Hendery) Part~1

"I paid for the whole thing. The tickets, the food, the taxi fare. And he had the audacity to tell me that our date to the theatre was boring!" Y/N slammed one palm on the table, making the food trays rattle. "If he didn't like theatre, why didn't he just say so when we were planning that shit?"

Hendery put his chopsticks down and scanned the cafeteria once to make sure no one was listening in on Y/N's outburst. "And this all happened now? When he came to pick you up for lunch?" 

"No, last month."

Hendery raised an eyebrow, "And why're you mad about this now?"

Y/N huffed. Before lunch, she had hastened to the parking lot of the university campus after class to meet her boyfriend. He had arrived a couple of minutes after her. She ran to him and embraced him tightly, cherishing his warmth on this chilly day when suddenly hands held her shoulders and pushed her away, holding her at an arm's length.

Y/N's smile faded when she saw the look on his face. His eyebrows were drawn in and his teeth clenched. "What's wrong, babe?" She asked.

His hands dropped by his side. "I was waiting in front of your class for you," he said in an accusatory tone.

Y/N was confused. "We agreed to meet here, and I didn't see you back there."

"Of course, you didn't see me, you were too busy laughing at whatever joke Hendery had cracked." So this is why he's angry. Again.

Y/N sighed. "We're doing a project together because we're in the same group."

"Oh, are you now?" His condescending tone was back.

Y/N put two fingers on her temple where a headache was starting to form. "Look. We're meeting after a week. Can we not fight as soon as we see each other? I was looking forward to today's date, weren't you? Didn't you miss me?" She reached for his hand. "Let's talk about this later when you're calm, for now-"

"No," he said firmly, taking his hand out of her grasp. "I don't think we can go out today after arguing. You need to tell me what you were doing with him after I asked you a dozen times to stay away from him."

"I told you! The professor put us in the same group for the project."

"Did the professor also tell you to laugh at his jokes and bat your eyelashes at him?" Y/N was disgusted. He folded his arms across his chest, clearly thinking he was getting on to something. But he would find no cracks in Y/N's armour.

Y/N stilled. It was always this boy or that. "Hendery is my friend. He's been my friend way before we started dating. We don't even hang out anymore like we used to because you don't like it, and now you're demanding that I don't even talk to him?" Y/N lifted her chin. "You're very close to Sarah too, but I didn't mind your friendship with her."

"That's different," he scoffed. "Hendery is a guy. You won't understand how a man thinks about other women."

Y/N was starting to see red now. "You're a man too, aren't you? I wonder what you think about Sarah." She spat out.

His eyes widened. "You... you're going to fight with me because of him, is that it?"

"No, that's what you're doing." She blinked back tears.

He scoffed. "I'm leaving."

This time, she didn't stop him when she saw his retreating back. She knew he would always have trust issues yet she believed she could make him see where her loyalties were. But she was tired of always being the one who smoothed things over. When was the last time he compromised for her? He never did. Heck, he couldn't even trust her.

Y/N was startled out of her thoughts when her phone rang. "Hey, Hendery," she said when she answered.

"Where'd you go?"

"Can you meet me at the cafeteria? I'm super hungry."

Y/N didn't tell Hendery the details of her argument with her boyfriend. He might feel guilty if he knew it was about him and try to distance himself from Y/N.

"It's okay," Hendery tried to comfort Y/N. "You guys will figure it out like you always do."

"Maybe not this time."

He put his chopsticks down again. "Why'd you say it like that?"

"I don't want to apologize this time, it's not my fault. If I call him, he'll just ignore me for a couple of days and then agree to meet."

Hendery's eyebrows were raised and his eyes were wide as saucers. Y/N had never told him how their fights were resolved. He frowned, "I never knew he could be such a douche. Why're you telling me this now? Why didn't you tell me before?"

Y/N smiled. "What would you have done had I told you before?"

He shrugged, "I would've beaten him up. That way he might not have made up with you."

Y/N's smile widened. "What if I'd end up hating you?"

"Come on, Y/N," Hendery grinned seductively. "You can't stay mad at me for more than two days."

Y/N laughed. She couldn't disagree with him.

2 weeks later.

"I can't believe I was betrayed by my friend," Hendery pouted.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "I said I was sorry."

He wiped a nonexistent tear from the corner of his eye. "My banana milk."

"I'm sorry I drank your stupid banana milk. We're going right now to get you a whole pack, aren't we?" They entered the convenience store.

He sighed again. "My precious banana milk."

Y/N chuckled. "Oh, get over it already," she tried to give him a light push but Hendery caught her hand, spun her around and held her in a way such that her back was pressed against his chest. A shiver ran down her spine and to her toes.

Hendery leaned closer and pointed to an isle. "It's over there," his breath tickled her ear. "The banana milk," he whispered.

"L-Let go," Y/N pushed him away. And when she faced him to tell him off, she froze. Noticing her expression, Hendery looked over his shoulder too.

"Ah, so this is why you didn't reach out to me," Y/N's boyfriend said. Although his words were directed at Y/N, he glared at Hendery. "See? I was right." He looked at her now, "he couldn't be trusted. He's just-"

"Shut up," Y/N said quietly. "Don't you dare say another word about him."

"You still can't see?" He raised his voice. "He's been trying to come between us since day one. And he's managed to destroy us now."

Hendery scoffed. "Don't be so dramatic," he said coolly. "That's my job."

"It wasn't Hendery who came between us, it was your trust issues." Y/N managed to say. "And... I think it's high time we break up. I don't have the mental capacity to deal with you anymore."

"Fine! Do that! Don't regret-" but Y/N didn't hear what he had to say, she was already out of the store.

She was walking fast. Didn't know where she was headed, but only knew that she had to get away from him. Besides, the poor cashier looked extremely uncomfortable.

Y/N only stopped when someone grabbed her hand. "Hey, slow down," Hendery said, a little breathless from having to chase her down.

Y/N sighed, relaxing her shoulders. "Glad that's over." Hendery put his fingers under her chin and lifted her head so that she was looking at him.

"Say that again," he said softly. Seeing him worry like this was too much for her, she was already embarrassed enough for what he'd just witnessed. The first tear slipped from her eye and rolled down her cheek. "Hey, it's alright," Hendery cooed, wiping her cheek with his thumb. Y/N placed her head on his shoulder and cried until there were no more tears left.

xxx

So, a long time? Hope you're all doing well!