Teasing (Jeno)

The bell for the first period rang. The empty class was now being filled by students. Y/N entered with the rest of the students and sat in her usual seat. "Oh, Y/N, aren't you going to sit next to Jeno?" Sarah said loudly, earning a few chuckles and smirks from her classmates.

Y/N glanced at Jeno who was engrossed in a book and didn't seem to hear anything. Then she glared at her best friend. "Couldn't you have been any louder?" She hissed.

"You'll thank me later." Sarah winked at her.

It had all started one fateful day when Y/N tripped (being the klutz that she is) and Jeno caught her and saved her from falling. Since that day, Sarah had started teasing her, it had been playful at first but the fire had spread and Y/N's classmates joined in as well. Of course, they hadn't left Jeno out of it. She supposed they really craved for a class couple.

He'll think twice before helping any girl, Y/N thought, frowning. She had a crush on Jeno, and the teasing had deterred any chances of them ever being together.

The teacher made the class groan by announcing their next assignment. They were to find the hidden meanings behind the verses of a poem. Even though he was only a temporary teacher since their actual teacher was on a vacation, he never failed to exert his authority.

"Alright," the teacher chirped. "Let's pair you guys up. Sarah, you'll be with Haechan. Jaemin will be with Renjun. Y/N with Jeno..."

What?! Y/N thought miserably. He knows! There was something very suspicious about the way he said it. He thinks Jeno and I are together. This is so embarrassing! It didn't help that the students were sharing known looks with each other.

"Sarah!" Y/N turned towards her best friend after the teacher was gone. "This has gone too far. The teasing was embarrassing enough, but now the teacher too?"

"Relax," Sarah said nonchalantly. "You're just being paranoid. And even if he does know, what of it? He's cool."

"Cool my butt."

"Hey," Jeno said as he approached Y/N. "Are you free during the fourth period?"

"Y-Yeah," she stammered.

"We can do the assignment then. It shouldn't take long. I'll meet you at the library, is that okay?" Y/N nodded. Sarah nudged her with an elbow when Jeno left, Y/N made a fist in the air like a threat. Aside from all the awkwardness, she felt giddy at the thought of working with Jeno.

Y/N made her way into the library. She spotted Jeno seated at a table reading a book. She tucked her (h/c) hair behind her ear and headed over to him. "Shall we start?" She asked as she sat in front of him.

Jeno wasn't wrong when he said it wouldn't take long, they were finished within thirty minutes.

"Y/N, listen, about what's going on," Jeno looked at her boldly. "Well, the thing is..." his boldness seemed to be slowly evaporating off of him. "Umm.."

"Yes?" She urged.

"I want to date you," he said abruptly. Y/N felt her cheeks heat up.

"Why?" She managed to say. "With all the teasing you must be sick of hearing my name."

"Well, yes, at first I was. But then I looked at you, I mean, really looked at you, I realized how pretty you were and how kind..," he trailed off. "What do you think about us being together?"

Y/N licked her dry lips. "I think that... that would be nice." She smiled shyly. Jeno gave her an eye smile.

"Let's go." The two walked the hallway together. Sarah grinned when she spotted them and gave a suggestive look to Y/N.

Next day in class, they actually sat together. Their class fellows gawked at them when they saw them chatting. "Alright, class," came in the teacher's voice. "I hope you've all done your assignments." He eyed Jeno and Y/N when he said that, causing Y/N to squirm in her seat.

"Do you think Mr. Lee knows about us?" Y/N asked when he was gone.

"Yes," Jeno said nonchalantly. "Lee Taeyong is my brother, actually."

"He... Oh." Y/N was dazed by the revelation. Jeno smiled at her cute reaction.

xxx

Ready to move on to the next story? How about a vote first?