A devil in the dark (Ten) Part~1

Y/N looked down at the blinking blue lights on her vest, two squares just below the shoulder on each side of the torso, two on the stomach and there was one on the back as well, to mark the targets. Jisung's blue gear was identical to Y/N's so they had to be on the same team to avoid confusion. Renjun and Ten had to be on the same team as well, for the same reason.

Doyoung, Y/N's third teammate, buckled the front of his vest and made his way over to his team with a gun in his hand. "Is everyone ready for laser tag?"

"Yes," Y/N said while lifting her own gun. They looked over at the other team.

"You guys ready to lose?" Doyoung called out to them. Jungwoo rolled his eyes while Renjun scoffed.

"The losing team has to pay for dinner," Ten proposed, to which everyone agreed.

From outside, the arena had the look of a mountain. It had a dark grey, uneven surface. The two openings, where the teams were standing, were the mouths of caves. A siren blasted and the attendant ushered them inside. Their game of 'capture the flag' was to last twenty minutes, which made it a game of stealth and speed.

The cave led them straight to their flag which was neon orange. It was placed on a raised, circular platform. "Alright, I'll go first. You two guard the flag," Y/N whispered.

Y/N moved quietly through the uncomplicated maze, keeping her back to the wall to ward off any surprises. The interior was like the tunnels inside a cave, the walls were the same grey colour as the mountain outside, though they looked more black than grey in the dim light. She tried hard to memorize the path so that it would be easier to get back to her team. She reached the edge of a wall and peeked around it, making sure to keep her body and gun well away from the edge to avoid being spotted. She saw Renjun guarding a neon pink flag, red lights blinking on his gear. She backed away when he was about to turn his face in her direction.

She thought of approaching him from the other side of the wall. She walked in the opposite direction and as she was about to step around the corner, someone appeared in front of her. He covered her mouth with his hand to muffle her gasp. Red lights were twinkling on his vest. So much for warding off surprises, she thought.

The harsh, red glow from his gear sharpened his features which made her think of him as a devil in the dark. "Are you lost?" Ten whispered in her ear, which made tingles run up her spine and her legs go weak. He moved his hand away and turned her so that her back was to the wall. He caged her with his hands on the wall by her sides. His gun was hanging by his waist, secured with a strap. Y/N wanted to bring her gun up and shoot him but her hands seemed to be paralyzed because of the closeness of Ten's body.

One hand cupped her cheek and the other ran down the length of her hair. Then he was kissing her, Y/N closed her eyes and kissed back. Though it was only for a few seconds, it felt like time had stopped for the two of them. Ten broke away and turned around to walk away from her. He had taken three steps before he spun on his heels to face her again.

"My bad," he said with a grin. "I mistook you for Jisung."

Then he raised his gun and sent three consecutive red beams her way. One of them hit home. 'Your player has died,' a robotic voice was emitted by a speaker on the gun, 'return to base.' The blue lights on her vest flickered then guttered out. Y/N clenched her teeth and lifted her gun to throw at Ten's smirking face, causing him to run away.

She heard a similar sound to the one emitted by her gun. She turned around the corner of the wall, where she saw the lights on Renjun's vest guttering out. A person with blue lights on his vest seized the pink flag and hastily ran away from the enemy's base. She was flooded with relief. All that was left to do was to go back to her base.

She sucked in a breath at the sight before her when she reached her teammate. "Who got you?" Doyoung asked.

"Ten," she answered.

"Me too." Doyoung sighed as he looked at the empty platform that had held their flag. "He's a sneaky devil." The comment triggered a memory that made Y/N's cheeks heat up.

"Jisung got their flag," she reassured him. "He'll be here any-"

Right on cue, Jisung reached them with the flag in his hand. "I got the flag but I don't think it counts." He pointed at his vest, "Jungwoo Hyung got me."

"I hope you've all brought money," Y/N said with a sigh.

The six sat in a restaurant. The winners were making cruel jests about the losers, most of them were targeted at the ever so confident Doyoung. The jokes left the table as the food arrived.

They all ate a hearty meal and then it was time to pay. The three decided to split the bill evenly, while the other three watched with innocent smiles on their faces. "Ten Hyung," Jisung called out suddenly. "Don't you think you should pay Y/N's share? You owe her that much," he said with an innocent smile. Y/N all but choked on her breath.

Ten's mouth curled up in a lazy smile. "Well, I guess I do have a guilty conscience." The other three, who had no idea what was going on, looked at them with confused expressions.

"Why? What did you do?" Doyoung asked. Ten shrugged and pulled out his wallet.

"No, it's okay. I'll pay my share," Y/N said before it could get out of hand. But Ten had already placed the money in the bill holder and called a waiter.

"Thanks for the ride, Y/N," Jungwoo said with a smile.

"Not at all," she chirped. The boys got out of her car, all but Ten.

"Can you drop me at a nearby convenience store?" Ten asked from the backseat.

No, she thought. Being alone with you makes me nervous. "Sure," she said. Ten hopped into the passenger seat and buckled up. Y/N drove to the said location, praying Ten wouldn't say anything about what happened.

"About what happened," Ten said, making Y/N curse in her head. "I'm sorry for not asking for your permission first." He eased back into his seat. "But hey, you kissed me back," he said with an easy smile on his face.

"Is that your way of apologizing?"

"Sorry." He cleared his throat. They had reached the convenience store, but Ten didn't leave. "Y/N," he turned to face her. "I want to kiss you again, but I want you to be my girlfriend when I do it." Y/N was lost for words. "Think about it," he said before exiting the car. She watched him as he went inside the store, then drove off.

A smile tugged at her lips at the memory of Ten's words. I'll tell him tomorrow, she thought as she bit her lip. A screeching sound on her right caught her attention. She turned her head in the direction of the sound, but before she could even blink, something slammed into her car, harshly shoving her body to the left. For a split second, she felt a sharp pain throughout her body. Then her vision faded to black.

xxx

I personally really liked this imagine (and the cliffhanger, even more, *laughs evilly*). Hit the vote button if you feel the same way. Cheers:)