I understand (Jaemin)

You looked at your phone screen when you arrived at your destination. 7:25 PM. You were an hour late. You ringed the doorbell and waited patiently. A moment later the door was opened by Jaemin.

He gave you an apprehensive smile which made you feel queasy and even more guilty for being late, Jaemin was worried about something that's why he wanted to talk to you in person, you could judge by his actions. You walked inside his cozy house and seated yourself on the couch next to him.

"So," you broke the silence. "What's up?"

"There's something important I wanted to talk to you about," Jaemin had a guilty look in his eyes. "I think we should stop seeing each other." You were taken unawares by his words.

"Wh-what? Why?" Jaemin took your hand in both of his and looked at you intently.

"I want you to understand, It's not because of you, it's me." You urged him to continue. "I'm gay."

In all honesty, you weren't expecting this. How were you supposed to feel about this? "Does this mean you never liked me?" You voiced your question.

"Of course I liked you. I mean, I still like you," Jaemin said calmly. "I just didn't realize that these feelings were not what I thought they were," he looked down. You pulled your hand free from his grasp. You could feel your eyes starting to moisten.

"What about every time we kissed? Even every time we touched? Do you mean to tell me you felt nothing!?"

"I did," he stated. "I loved it every time you were close to me, but..."

"But what?" You said, perhaps more sharply than you had intended to.

"Every time he is close to me, I understand what it means to like someone as a, you know, as a lover." He was flushed, this made you even sadder if that was possible. You felt utterly helpless, you could feel your anger and frustration rising. You almost laughed at its absurdity because you knew you shouldn't be angry, it wasn't like Jaemin chose this, but you couldn't help but feel this way.

"What about him? Did he return your feelings?" You mentally cursed yourself the moment these words left your mouth. What difference would it make if that person returned his feelings or not? Jaemin wasn't yours anymore.

"Well, I..." he avoided eye contact.

"Okay." You sniffed. "I understand," you lied. Abruptly, you got up and walked towards the door, the need to get out of his house was overwhelming. You didn't want him to see you cry, didn't want him to feel guilty for something that wasn't his fault. Doubtless, you hated the predicament he put you in but you didn't want him to suffer when he has always been so good to you.

"Y/N, wait!" He caught your wrist and turned you around. "Can't we at least stay friends?" He pleaded.

"Friends?" You scoffed, disbelief clear in your voice. "After all we've been through together, do you think I'll be okay with just being friends?!" You ripped your hand out of his, only to be caught again. But this time, Jaemin wrapped his arms around you, such that your face was pressed against his chest, you tried to push him away but he held you even tighter.

"Happy April fool's day, fool." He said so softly that you thought you had only imagined it. You looked up at his smiling face which cleared all of your previous doubts. The nerve of him!

"It's not the first of April, jerk," you said angrily, but inside, the relief felt as if your car got stolen but then you realized you just parked it somewhere else. Jaemin let out a deep laugh.

"It wouldn't have been so believable had I done it on April first," his smile seemed even brighter. "Got you good, didn't I?" You let out a few choice words. "I love you," he said more seriously this time, which made you look up at him. He bent down to kiss you, a kiss that you very much welcomed. The kiss tasted even sweeter since you had thought that you'll never be able to feel his lips on yours again.

"About what you said earlier," Jaemin said with a sheepish smile after you broke apart. "I feel like I'm on cloud nine every time we touch, and I don't want to come down."

You decided to let him off the hook, for now. You'll get your revenge later, but right now, you just wanted to enjoy the moment of having him to yourself.

×××

Thank you all for reading! Please consider voting if you liked the chapter.

Some feedback would be nice.