Friends (Taeyong & Jisung)

"Here, Y/N, take my jacket," Taeyong said as he took the said garment off.

"No, I'm fi-" before she could complete her sentence, Jisung placed his jacket on Y/N's shoulders.

"Mine's warmer," he said looking straight at Taeyong.

Y/N sighed as she looked at the two. They were doing it again. Y/N quickly took off the jacket and handed it back to Jisung. "The movie's about to start," she said as she entered the cinema.

Y/N had met the brothers at a volunteering camp. They had enjoyed each other's company so they had decided to exchange numbers and hang out later as well. Later she had found out that Jisung went to the same school she did and Taeyong had graduated from there, no wonder the two looked familiar. She had found out that Taeyong was super caring and sweet, while Jisung was witty and mischievous. But both of them were a little shy and got startled easily.

She sat between the two, holding a huge bucket of popcorn in her lap. Y/N had suggested that they watch a horror movie. Taeyong had agreed right away, Jisung seemed a bit hesitant but he, too, agreed after seeing Taeyong.

The movie started from a sinister scene, and Y/N felt the boys shift in their seats. Somewhere through the movie, a scene with a jump scare arrived. Y/N heard two identical screams from her left and right and the two boys held her arms. Y/N couldn't help but laugh.

"How was the movie?" Y/N asked as they came out of the cinema.

"The plot was interesting," Taeyong answered as they walked to the bus stop.

"I don't want to watch that movie again," Jisung said as he visibly shivered. Y/N smiled and ruffled his hair.

Y/N sat at the bus stop, with the two of them on either side of her. "Aren't you going home, Noona?" Jisung asked.

"I'll walk home after you guys get on the bus," Y/N answered. She saw the bus approaching from a distance.

"But it's late," Taeyong said, frowning. "Jisung, you go home, I'll walk Y/N home."

"How about I walk her and you go home?" Jisung asked, annoyance tinging his voice.

Taeyong's frown deepened, "I'm more suited to the task than you," Taeyong kept a calm face but Y/N could see the anger brewing in his eyes.

"How?" Jisung asked, clearly annoyed. The bus slowed to a stop and people started to get on and off.

"I'll get her home safely, and-"

"Anyone want to hear if I want to be walked home?" Y/N asked indignantly, making the two stop bickering. "Get on the bus, both of you!" She said as she stood up. She heard them call out her name but she didn't turn around and kept on walking. Thankfully, they didn't follow her.

Y/N came out of the shower, wrapping her hair in a towel. She picked up her phone from the table and saw two messages. One from Taeyong and the other from Jisung. She found it cute how both the messages were identical. 'Did you get home?' And with that, her previous anger had slipped away.

She liked the two very much. But how should she let them know that she appreciated their company only as friends?

The bell rung, signalling the end of the school day. Y/N found Jisung waiting for her at the school's gate. The two started to head towards the bus stop when she heard both their names being called out. They turned around to see Taeyong leaning on his car with his elbow resting on the roof. She smiled and waved at him, but heard Jisung huff as they started walking towards his older brother.

"Hi, you guys," Taeyong said as he smiled. "Y/N, I came to pick Jisung so why don't I drop you home too?"

Y/N was going to decline since her house was in the opposite direction from theirs but Jisung answered before she could. "Why did you come, Hyung?" He all but glared at the older boy. "I always go home by myself anyway."

"You don't like that I've come?" Taeyong asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I don't," Jisung gritted his teeth. "It's because of Y/N, isn't it?" Taeyong looked taken aback and embarrassed at the same time, his actions answering for him. While Y/N felt herself go rigid. This couldn't be happening.

"You know what?" Taeyong said as he straightened himself. "Yes, it is because of Y/N," he glared at Jisung as he said that. "It's because I like her."

Jisung's eyes widened and he took a step back, "but," he faced Y/N, "I like her too." Now both of them were looking at her, questioning her with their eyes.

Y/N breathed in deeply before she spoke. "Guys, I like you both," she told them. "But only as friends. I will never see either of you more than that. And this little enmity between the two of you is getting out of hand." She looked at Jisung, "you should go with your brother, and please, solve this quarrel between you. You're brothers for God's sake." With that, she turned on her heels and headed towards the bus stop.

She hadn't seen the boys for two days. Jisung no longer waited at the school gate for her. She was starting to think that she might've been too hard on them. That's when Jisung texted her to meet him at the ice cream shop. She snatched her jacket from the chair and headed out.

She smiled as she saw the two sitting together and speaking light-heartedly as they ate ice cream. Taeyong caught sight of her and waved her over. "Order your ice cream," he said casually.

Y/N did just that and sat with them. "So, you guys resolved everything?" She asked awkwardly.

Jisung smiled at that while Taeyong spoke further to explain. "We didn't realize that we were giving you a hard time, we're sorry for that," he said and Jisung nodded. "We don't want to lose a friend like you, so... you don't have to worry on our account."

"That's great," Y/N grinned. "Now let's put this behind us and eat."

xxx

Here's to @theleftdimple. Thank you for requesting this! I hope you enjoyed!

Y'all, don't forget to vote if you liked it.