All my heart (Chenle) + NCT Dream book

Y/N leaned forward with her arms on the cold metal railing. She closed her eyes and felt the cool wind against her face, making her nose numb, and her hair flutter behind her. The smell of salt was on the air and the wind howled in her ears. The cruise sailed at a smooth pace, cutting through the waters like a knife through butter. She rubbed her hands on her bare arms to drive the cold out.

A moment later, a light-weight jacket was placed on her shoulders, instantly followed by warmth and the scent of expensive cologne. She turned her head to smile at her boyfriend. Chenle bent forward and kissed the crown of her head. "Shall we go inside?" He asked softly. "I'm hungry." Y/N nodded, hooking her arm around Chenle's and letting him lead her inside.

The room was dimly lit. It had fairy lights around the walls and candles at the center of the only table in the room. The deck of the cruise was visible through the enormous glass panels. Soft, quiet music filled the room. It was relatively warm inside so Y/N returned Chenle's jacket.

Chenle pulled out a chair for Y/N and went around the table to his own seat. "You still haven't told me," Y/N said when Chenle was seated. "The reason behind this date."

"I didn't know I had to have a reason to take you out on a date," he said coolly.

"You know what I mean," she said, placing her chin on her palms. "I know you're rich, but this is a little too extravagant for a date," she gestured at their surroundings. "So, what's the occasion?"

"I just... wanted to do something special for you." He said with a smile.

A moment later, food was served on their table. It consisted of all of Y/N's favourite dishes. "Are you trying to impress me or something?" Y/N raised a brow at him. "Let me tell you, you don't have to, I'm already smitten with you."

Chenle chuckled, "Y/N, can you stop asking questions and just eat? It's getting cold."

The two dug into the food quickly. Y/N didn't know how hungry she was until the first bite of her favourite dish. It was exquisite. After they were done, Chenle called a waiter to clear the table and bring deserts.

"I'm sorry, sir," the waiter apologized as he and two others cleared their table. "The dessert is going to be a little late."

"It's alright," Chenle said generously. Then he turned towards Y/N, "we'll just make more room for dessert while we wait," he said, standing up.

Y/N looked at him quizzically as he walked away. She then realized that he was changing the music. She recognized the song as soon as it played; it was one of the sweet, slow songs that both she and Chenle enjoyed.

As the waiters left, Chenle returned to her side, offering her his hand. Y/N took it, a huge smile plastered on her face. He pulled her from her chair and to the open area. Both of his hands were placed on Y/N's waist and her arms went around his neck.

They started moving slowly, swaying off-beat, and not really caring. Y/N could easily tune out her surroundings when Chenle looked at her like that; like she was very precious to him. Like he couldn't believe she was his.

Like he loved her.

The two had stopped moving after a while, enjoying each other's embrace and warmth. Chenle tilted his head slightly and leaned down. Y/N closed her eyes, only to open them again when she heard the door open.

"The dessert, sir," the waiter came in, holding a large tray.

"Perfect timing," Chenle muttered sourly under his breath. He pecked Y/N's forehead and brought her back to the table.

"I hope you weren't waiting for long," the waiter said as he placed the dessert bowls in front of the two.

"Not at all," Chenle replied. "We could've waited longer too," he said a bit tersely. Y/N smiled at him and shook her head.

The dessert was delicious and sweet and Chenle even sweeter as he fed her a spoon from his own bowl that had a different flavour.

After dinner, they were back outside, leaning against the railing with Chenle's jacket on Y/N. They both held each other as they looked at the city lights now drawing closer. "Actually," Chenle began. "You suspected correctly, there was a reason behind this date."

Y/N lifted her head from his shoulder to look at him. "Which is?" 

"I... I wanted you to know that I love you and you have all my heart."

Y/N's heart soared. "Oh, Chenle, I-"

"And," he said, taking a step back and holding her hands. "I want to stay with you forever." Y/N's eyes widened and her lips parted, she was at a loss for words. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes," she whispered.

xxx

This was requested. I hope you enjoyed it!

Also, I promised you guys that I will write a special chapter because my book reached 100k reads. Well, I'm writing another short book instead. You can find it on my profile if you want to read it. It's an NCT Dream book, fantasy AU.