She's mine (Jaemin)

The trio broke into another song, singing at the top of their lungs.

Y/N wished for the road to never end. It was a long drive to the beach, but Y/N wished for it to take even longer because of the amount of fun they were having. She laughed as she heard the two boys teasing each other. She didn't want this moment to end. This was perfect, just herself, her close friend and her boyfriend.

Jeno stopped the car to get some snacks from a convenience store on the way. He came back with a paper bag and placed it in the trunk. Then they were off again.

Their short road trip ended as they reached their destination. Y/N stepped out of her slippers to feel the cold sand between her toes and Jeno did the same.

"Oh, we forgot the snacks in the car," Jaemin reminded them. "I'll go get them," and he was off.

Jeno and Y/N walked further until they were knee deep in water. Y/N gasped as Jeno splashed her with water. "Stop!" She pushed him lightly but his mischievousness saw no end. After seeing that the threat to drown him was not going to work, Y/N ran back towards the shore. Jeno followed her and the two started to laugh.

Jeno stopped laughing and looked at Y/N. "What?" She asked as she calmed down, "is there something on my face?" Jeno smiled and looked away.

"What's taking Jaemin so long?" She huffed. "I'm hungry. I'll go and check," she said as she turned around. Then she paused and turned back, "or I could just call him-" her sentence was interrupted by a kiss. Jeno kissed her. Y/N gasped and looked at him wide-eyed.

Before she could get over the shock she heard a small thud to her right. Upon turning her head she saw Jaemin standing with his jaw clenched. The paper bag lay by his feet, it's contents spilled over. He stomped over to the two and fixated Jeno with a glare. "The hell you think you're doing?"

"I..." Jeno looked surprised by Jaemin's outburst and the tips of his ears turned pink.

"You can't just kiss someone else's girlfriend," he snapped. Y/N placed a hand on Jaemin's arm to stop him from lashing out, but he didn't seem to notice it.

"Y/N has a..." Jeno looked at the said girl, wide-eyed.

"Yes. She's mine." Jaemin's declaration had the power of turning both, the girl in question and Jeno, scarlet in the face.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I had no idea, I swear," Jeno apologized but the sadness in his eyes told a different story.

"Jeno, it's fine. In fact, I'm sorry for not telling you," Y/N took Jaemin's arm and steered him away before he could say anything else.

"Jaemin," Y/N said softly. He looked at her and his anger dwindled. "You know it's not his fault. We never told anyone about our relationship."

"I know, I wanted to keep it a secret until the right time but you know what this means, right?" He looked at her intently.

"What?"

"He likes you."

Y/N breathed out slowly, "everything will work out." She hoped that the conviction in her voice would persuade him.

"It's not like I can do anything about it." He ran a hand over his face, his eyes had grown weary. "Let's just go home," he said turning around.

The tension in the car was weighing down on the passengers. Y/N felt like being trapped in a small box where she couldn't even move her limbs. She looked at Jaemin from the backseat, he sat so rigidly that he could easily pass for a statue. She couldn't believe that she had once longed for a longer road.

And then the moment came that she both longed for and dreaded. Jeno stopped the car at the side. "Jaemin," he began. "Can I talk to you?"

"I'm listening," Jaemin said plainly. It was obvious that he was still angry.

"Dude, I'm really sorry, alright? If I'd known that you were dating Y/N I would never have done what I did." Jeno took a deep breath. "Heck, if you'd even just hinted that you liked her I wouldn't have..."

Jaemin looked embarrassed. "I was waiting for the right time to tell everyone. I thought it would be better, I guess, but my plan backfired," he gave a humourless chuckle.

Jaemin clamped a hand on Jeno's shoulder and as he lifted his hand, the tension in the air was also lifted. Y/N released a breath she didn't know she was holding. Now that their issue was solved it was smooth sailing ahead. Jeno turned around and gave Y/N an apologetic smile, which she quickly returned.

A weight seemed to be lifted from Y/N's shoulders. She no longer had to keep her relationship a secret from Jeno and from the other members.

xxx

Thank you aannabeltrann for such a cute request!