Involuntary swim (Jeno)

Y/N could feel her heart beating to the rhythm of the deafening music, and she did not like it. She made her way through the swarm of teens as the music threatened to reach a crescendo. Finally, she made it out of the walls of the humungous house, where the music wasn't as loud. She could feel a headache starting to form at the back of her head. She smelled barbecue in the air and heard people cheering and laughing, drowning out the sounds of people splashing in the pool.

What was she thinking? Dragging me to a party? Y/N thought as she walked towards the grassy area. "Jeno would be there!" Her friend had exclaimed, and Y/N had foolishly agreed to go. She hadn't even caught a glimpse of him since she came and now she was stuck with a headache and a pile of homework waiting for her at home.

"Y/N!" She heard her name being called out. She turned around to see a familiar figure in the pool. His head protruded from the water, and his wet hair clung to his forehead.

"Jeno," she smiled at him, before walking closer to the edge of the pool. He, too, swam closer to the edge. Something about the sight of him made her knees weak.

"Leaving already? The party hasn't even started yet."

"Oh, I've had enough partying for one night."

"You could stay a little longer, maybe join me for a splash?" He suggested. Y/N was tempted to say 'yes,' but she didn't have any swimwear, and she wasn't planning on jumping in with her peach coloured T-shirt on.

"Maybe next time," she smiled apologetically at him.

He nodded and was about to swim away when suddenly his eyes widened, "watch ou-"

Y/N was only processing what he had said when she felt something colliding with her. One moment she was in the air and the next she was surrounded by water. Her feet met the floor of the pool and she pushed herself up, breaking the surface and breathing deeply. "You alright?" Jeno asked her, putting an arm around her waist to keep her above the surface of the water. She looked around to find the cause of her fall and saw a stake board at the edge of a pool and a boy emerging from the water. "Does it hurt anywhere?" He asked again to get her attention.

"A little," she said, holding her shoulder. Jeno looked irritatedly at the skateboarder.

"Jisung! Skate somewhere else, will you?" The young boy mumbled an apology and pushed himself out of the pool. It was then that she became fully aware of the lack of space between her and Jeno. Not only that, but her hands were on his bare shoulders.

"Um, maybe I should get out of the pool," she said, taking her hands off of him. She was acutely aware of the unwanted stares they were getting.

"Do you really have to?" He asked, unmoving. His grip on her waist tightened ever so slightly that Y/N wouldn't have noticed if she wasn't hyperaware of his proximity.

"Well, I- OH MY GOD!"

"What?" Jeno asked, startled.

"My phone!" She quickly fished the said device out of her jeans pocket and shook the water off as if it would make a difference. "Oh no." She moved away from Jeno and swam towards the swimming pool ladder. With one hand on the railing, she started climbing up, only to be pulled back into the water. "What the.."

"Wait," Jeno said as he hugged her from behind. "Your... your clothes have become see-through." He cleared his throat. Y/N felt heat rise to her face, her back was already burning from the contact it was making with Jeno. "Wait here," he instructed her as he climbed out of the pool. A moment later he returned with a towel and handed it to her. Y/N wrapped it around herself as she came out, her clothes dripping water from her involuntary swim.

She looked at her soaked self and a frustrated sigh escaped her lips. "Hey," Jeno said softly. "I brought spare clothes with me, come on." He pulled her by the arm without waiting for a reply.

The house was big enough for anyone to easily get lost, but judging by the route they took to reach an unoccupied room, Jeno knew the house pretty well. "You can change in here," he said when they were inside the room.

"Will that be okay? I didn't see anyone around. This room seems off-limits."

"It is off-limits, but not to me. It's Jaemin's room," he grinned before turning to pick up a duffle bag from the floor. Y/N almost facepalmed for forgetting whose party she had come to. Na Jaemin, the rich kid, also Jeno's best friend. He took out a hoodie and shorts from the bag for her to take. She went inside the bathroom to change.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror and gasped. Her mascara had formed dark crescents under her eyes and some was on her cheeks. "So embarrassing," she mumbled to herself as she washed off her makeup. The hoodie wasn't much of a problem, but the shorts were too loose. Luckily, she found a couple of safety pins and secured the shorts with them. She squeezed the water out of her wet clothes and bundled them up. When she came out Jeno was also clad in dry clothes.

They went back the way they had come from and walked further until they were out in the streets. "Where are we going?" She stopped to ask.

"To my car. I'll drop you home."

"I can go by myself, you've already helped me a lot. Besides, I haven't told Jiwoo that I'm leaving."

"I'll tell her when I come back. Now let's just go." He pulled her by the sleeve of the hoodie. After a twenty-minute drive, they reached her house. "Does your shoulder still hurt?" He asked as they stopped.

"No, it's better now."

"I really feel bad about what happened," he sighed.

"Don't. It could've been worse," she assured him. I could've been on my period, now that would've been a calamity. "Thank you for this," she said, motioning towards the outfit.

"You're welcome." He smiled his famous eye smile. "Listen," Jeno said as Y/N opened the car door. "Are you free tomorrow?"

Y/N thought about all the homework she had to finish, "yeah, why?" Homework's not that important.

"I was thinking that maybe we could go grab dinner or something," he said.

Y/N resisted the urge to squeal and smiled instead, "Yeah, I'd like that."

xxx

Jeno is such a cutie istg.

Have you guys ever fallen into a pool? My friend pushed me into a pool once smh.