Chapter 24: Memory Lane

Y/n's POV:

I look at the caller ID and am bewildered when I see Jonathan's name. I click the green answer button and press the phone to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, y/n. It's me," Jonathan's voice sounds through the receiver.

"Hey... is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. I was just calling to ask if you'd come over," he replies.

"Oh?" I utter, confused as to why he wants me to go to his house.

"You know, because I have boxes full of stuff you left behind and I thought you might want to come and get them," he explains. Wow, he kept my stuff after all this time?

"Oh, oh, yeah, sure. When?"

"Today? Are you free right now?"

"Yeah, I can go now."

"Okay, perfect. I'll be waiting."

"Okay, see you soon," I say before hanging up. I scramble out of bed and rush to get ready to go see him. After explaining the situation to Peter, I say goodbye and leave his apartment. I take the elevator to the lobby and exit the building. I speed-walk to Pepper's car, which she let me borrow, claiming that she could just have Happy drive her around in the meanwhile. Man, I really need my own car. After a few minutes of driving, I finally arrive at Jonathan and Nancy's house. I park right in front and get out of the car. Being here makes me nervous... let's just hope I don't leave in a hurry again. I take a deep breath and walk up to the door. As I'm about to knock, the door unexpectedly swings open to reveal Nancy.

"Oh, y/n, you're here! Jonathan said you'd come, please come in," she says, moving out of the way to let me in. "Thanks," I reply, stepping inside. I turn around to face her.

"I have some errands to run so I have to go now but it's so nice to see you," she informs as she hugs me. I hug her back tightly. As much as her relationship with my ex weirds me out, I still miss my best friend. We pull apart and Jonathan walks in.

"Hey, you're here," he acknowledges me. I nod and Nancy goes up to him when she spots him.

"Okay, I'll see you later," she speaks as she pecks his lips. I stand there awkwardly, not knowing how to feel. This is all still so strange to me. Jonathan's eyes flicker to me when Nancy kisses him. She waves at me and leaves, shutting the door behind her. I turn back to the man, who's just watching me with an unreadable expression.

"So... it's been a few weeks. How are you?" he asks.

"I'm good. I mean, life has been pretty crazy but it's good," I answer, smiling softly.

He slightly chuckles. "I bet... with becoming an Avenger and all... Amethyst," he remarks with a cocky grin. My eyes widen at the statement. I shouldn't be surprised that he knows it's me. As Dustin said: it's pretty obvious. "It's a pretty cool name... and I really like the suit," he adds, causing me to chuckle.

"You heard," I mumble, to which he nods.

"Nancy and I saw Tony Stark's announcement and your speech on tv at the office. We immediately knew 'that's y/n.' We're very proud of you," he conveys. A warm feeling spreads through my body and I smile widely.

"Thank you," I return. "Oh! I almost forgot to tell you!" I chirp, making him look at me skeptically. We go sit in the living room and I tell him all about my reunion with Dustin and Lucas and about upgrading my powers.

*Time skip*

"Wow... a lot has happened to you since the last time we saw each other," Jonathan comments after I catch him up to speed.