Chapter 48: Sister, Sister, Brother

Yours and Tony's costumes^

Charlie Gillespie as "Jonathan Byers" ;)

-

-

Billy rushes down the stairs and starts talking to the invisible audience. "Halloween's a magical holiday. All about family, friends, and the thrill of getting to be someone else for a day," he narrates as he walks to the kitchen.

"Wrong! Halloween's about candy. And scaring people, but mostly candy," Tommy argues as he nears his brother.

"Where's your costume, Tommy?" Billy asks.

"This is my costume. I'm the cool twin," Tommy claims. Billy furrows his eyebrows as he turns to him.

"What does that make me?"

"Hmm," Tommy looks up, thinking about the time they were playing a game and Billy tripped and fell down. "A dorksaurus rex."

"Not a real dinosaur," Billy counters. They walk into the living room just as I come down the stairs.

"Ta-da!" I singsong, standing in front of them to show off my costume.

"Woah!" they both react, making me smile. "What are you supposed to be?" Billy questions.

"Um, a fortune teller, I think. Your mom wanted to match," I answer.

"Nice," Tommy comments. I grin before turning around when I hear a snore and see Pietro. Apparently, he showed up here at the same time Jonathan did. They both look completely different for some reason. Something seems iffy about them. "Man, he even snores cool. I'm gonna go wake him up," Tommy says.

"Don't!" Billy whispers, gripping his brother's arm to stop him.

"You scared?" Tommy asks.

"He's our uncle. Why would I be scared?" Billy replies.

"Cause it's four o'clock in the afternoon and you're secretly afraid he's a vampire," Tommy pokes fun.

"No, I'm not!" Billy retorts.

"Yes, you are."

"Oh, Tommy, don't tease your brother for being scared," I giggle.

"I'm not scared!"

Pietro suddenly whooshes up to us. "Blood is thicker than water! I show you!" he yells, causing the twins to scream and me to jump. He roars and the twins run away but Pietro speeds in front of them. The boys continue to try to escape him and he whooshes all around the room like a fly. He stops in front of them and pretends to stab them with his hand and roars again.