Chapter 37: 50s Suburbia

(After the mailman's part, imagine y/n and her father moving in across the street and waving at them as they drive by)

Starring... 

Wanda Maximoff

Vision

Y/n Sinclair Stark

Tony Stark

🎬

"So, what's a single gal like you doing rattling around this big house?" the neighbor asks as she nears the couch.

"Oh, no, I'm not single," Wanda responds, swatting her hand through the air.

"Oh, I don't see a ring!"

Wanda glances down at her hand. "Well, I assure you I'm married," she responds with a smile.

I swing the front door open with a huge smile on my face. "Hiya, honey!" I cheerily greet as I strut into the house. I go straight to Wanda and we hug, giving each other an air kiss. The neighbor watches us in surprise before gleaming.

"Ohhh, well, they do say age is just a number," she comments, chuckling. Wanda slightly giggles.

"Oh, no, we're not married," she clarifies, pointing between the two of us. "I'm married to a man. A human one and tall," she describes, quirkily pointing her finger at the woman, who points back with the same energy. I furrow my eyebrows and scoff.

"Not like you could handle me anyway," I remark, placing my hands on my hips. Wanda just gives me a goofy smile while the neighbor chuckles again.

"Hello, dear, I'm Agnes. What's your name?" the neighbor addresses me, sticking her hand out. I approach her and shake her hand.

"Pleased to meet you, Agnes. I'm y/n," I return.

"So, since you're apparently not the missus... tell me, what's the relation here?" Agnes asks, waving her two pointer fingers at us.

"Oh, this is my little sister. She moved in right across the street with her father," Wanda answers, grasping my shoulders from behind me. I nod in confirmation. Agnes sends us a baffled look.

"Why did you call him 'her father' and not 'our?"

"Because he's not my father," Wanda states.

"Oh! So you only share a mother!"

"No," Wanda and I simultaneously speak, still grinning warmly at Agnes. She gives us a strange look.

"Were you adopted together?"

"No," we say again. Agnes just stares at us with a small grimace before awkwardly laughing.

"Anyway," she loudly voices before speaking at her regular volume. "You're married to a man, you say," she addresses Wanda.

"Yes! As a matter of fact, he'll be home later tonight for a special occasion. Just the two of us," Wanda replies.

"Oh, is it somebody's birthday?" Agnes questions.

Wanda points her finger. "Not a birthday," she shakes her head.

"Well, today isn't a holiday, is it?" Agnes asks, looking away in thought.

"No, it's not a holiday," Wanda says, sounding unsure.

"What about an anniversary?" I chime in.