Chapter 49: Sister, Sister, Brother Part 2

Any Julie and the Phantoms stans (a.k.a. fantoms) here? 🥰

-

-

We look up and see Herb in a Frankenstein costume. "Oh, hey, Herb," Wanda calls out.

"Oh. hey," he returns as we approach him.

"How's patrol going?" Wanda asks.

"Eh, quiet so far. Hold up, will you?" he speaks, pressing his finger against his comms. "Say again."

"All the candy has disappeared?" A blue streak whooshes around behind him. Wanda, Jonathan, and I watch as it rushes all around us, taking candy from everyone. "And now all the jack-o-lanterns have been smashed?" The blue streak appears behind him again and we see Pietro using his super-speed to smash the pumpkins while the twins cheer. Wanda and I exchange a look. "And now everyone's covered in silly string?" The boys whoosh around again, spraying silly string over everyone. We stand there awkwardly as we stare at Herb. "Sorry, guys, I gotta bounce," Herb finally tells us.

"Well, maybe my dad and Vision can help you out," I mention, softly chuckling.

"Tony and Vision? Oh, they're not on duty," Herb informs us. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Oh! We- we thought they..." I stammer.

"Is there something I can do for you guys?" Herb asks, looking between me and Wanda. "Do you want something changed?"

"No," Wanda chuckles. "It's fine. Nevermind." Herb looks at me and I just smile and nod at him.

He then chuckles and replies, "alright, peace." He walks off and I notice the silly string on his back. Jonathan snorts when he notices it. Wanda and I gaze at each other, wondering why Tony and Vision lied to us.

🎥🎥🎥

We walk through town square with a grumpy Pietro and set of twins. "This is so lame. I can't believe you're making them return all the candy," Pietro claims.

"I can't believe what a bad influence you are," Wanda retaliates.

"Who beefed in your borscht?" Pietro snaps. My eyes widen and I push Jonathan aside.

"Okay, let's give them some space," I mutter as I guide him away from them.

We walk ahead and he turns around to glance at them for a second before looking at me. "So they're the replacements for Lucas and Erica," he remarks. My head snaps to him so fast.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, you have a new family now so I figured it was to fill up the hole left from losing the last one."

I halt, making him stop walking too. "I am not replacing anyone. Just because I have new people in my life, it doesn't mean I forgot about the old ones," I snap at him. He raises his hands up in surrender.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, I'm just trying to do my part," he replies. I give him a quizzical expression. "Show up when you least expect it, give your old man headaches by making him worry about you and me, and just overall be your amazing boyfriend who loves you very much. Isn't that what you wanted?" he clarifies. I just stare at him in bewilderment. My amazing boyfriend who loves me very much? What the fuck?

"How'd you even get here?" I inquire. He shrugs and sighs.

"The details are all jumbled up in my mind but..." he commences, a frown forming on his face. "I remember feeling completely lost and heartbroken after hearing the news about the crash. I was in my bed, thinking about you when I heard your voice. Then all of a sudden, I ended up here." It sounds weird but the emotion in his voice is selling it. Also, I achieved this so I guess it's possible that I accidentally plucked Jonathan from the 80s and brought him here... and somehow changed his physical appearance. He smiles softly and caresses my cheek. "And now we're reunited," he whispers.