Chapter 65: Head Games

I hope y'all like this one 😏 ^This song is perfect for y/n and Peter 😭

Also, earlier in the book I said y/n is a junior, which would make her a senior now. But in FFH, it's Peter's summer vacation after junior year so it wouldn't make sense for y/n to be on that class trip if she already graduated from high school. SOOO I'm changing it to her being in the same grade as Peter (which does not affect the storyline).

-

-

I sit there frozen, just staring at the tv. I feel sick seeing the crowd cheer for Walmart Cap. How can they love him just like that? I huff as I turn off the tv, not being able to bear seeing more.

"That is bullshit!" I yell, letting go of Pepper's hand.

"Y/n, calm down," she voices, setting her hand on my back. I turn to her and she flickers her eyes between me and whatever is behind me. I turn around and notice Morgan there.

"Oh, sorry," I apologize, realizing I just cursed in front of a little kid. "It's just... it wasn't supposed to be him! They're just replacing Steve like it's nothing and everyone is eating it up! The only person who deserves to take on the mantle is Sam Wilson," I rant. I drop my head into my hands in frustration. I feel Pepper's hand soothingly rub my back.

"Are you going to be okay, sweetie?"

I lift my head and sigh, leaning back into the couch. There's a short pause before I suddenly pipe up, "my therapist will be hearing about this."

*Time skip*

After a while of moping around about the new Captain America, I check the time. I quickly get off the bed and scurry to the mirror, refixing my hair which got a little messy from laying down. I walk through the living room and grab my keys from the key holder before opening the front door. "Bye, mom! Bye, Morgan! Love you!" I call out before exiting the house. Finally, it's time to see Peter. I joyfully rush to my car and drive off.

Peter does not live close to me at all but the drive felt longer than usual. It's one of those things where time seems to go slower when you want it to go faster. I finally arrive at his building and luckily find a parking spot in front. I stride into the building and take the elevator up to his floor. I make it to his door and pause for a second, trying to calm myself down. It's been almost 40 years since I've done this. I knock on the door before putting my hand down, nervously yet excitedly waiting. I check the time on my watch: 8:05 PM. Not very punctual but it's still good. A few seconds later, the door opens and I'm immediately met with Peter's brown eyes.

"Hey," I greet, gleaming at him.

"Hey... you know you could've texted that you were here. I would've come down to meet you," Peter points out. I just stare at him dumbfounded.

"Yeah! I-I knew that," I chuckle nervously. "I'm just... old-school," I claim. I completely forgot that I could just text him but this is honestly way more romantic anyway. Just when I think I've become a normal modern teenager, I pull the old-fashioned card.

Peter narrows his eyes and smiles knowingly at me. "Uh-huh..." He turns around and yells, "bye, May!"

I spot May in the background and say goodbye as well, causing her to say it back before Peter shuts the door. He swiftly clasps my hand and pulls me down the hall with him. "So, where are we going, grandma?"

I roll my eyes at that last word and slightly laugh. "Does a carnival sound good?" I ask as we approach the elevator.

"Sounds perfect," he answers as he presses the 'down' button. We get into the elevator and go down to the lobby, exiting the building and nearing my car. I unlock it and we hop in. "So I saw the new Captain America on the news... I'm really sorry," he suddenly speaks up. I don't respond. I grip the steering wheel tighter, feeling a bit of anger returning.