Chapter 26: Newfound Feelings

Y/n's POV:

I look down at the item in my hands proudly. "Miss Sinclair, Mr. Stark is waiting for you," FRIDAY informs me. I shove the item into my pocket and hurry out of my room. I go into the common area where Tony, Pepper, Steve, and Wanda are gathered. Tonight is the night Steve and Wanda finally leave. It's getting harder for them to remain in hiding here, so they have to keep moving to avoid getting caught. As crushed as I am to see them go, I'm grateful for the time I had with them. We spent weeks training, and thanks to them, I am a lot more skilled and stronger now.

"I'm here," I voice, alerting everyone of my presence. Wanda instantly rushes to me and hugs me. I hug back just as tight.

"I'm gonna miss you," she whispers, making me smile sadly. "You know, I've come to see you as a sister," she confesses.

"Me too... like a big sister," I reply.

She lets go of me and grabs my hands, gently squeezing them before backing away, giving Steve his turn to say goodbye. He grins at me before walking up and embracing me in a hug. "Take care of yourself, kid."

"You too, old man," I return, making him scoff.

"You're not that young, you know," he fires back. I laugh and pull out of the hug.

"Still younger than you," I respond. He chuckles slightly. "Oh, and..." I commence, reaching into my pocket. "I have something for you," I disclose. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion. I pull out the item and hold it out to him. He takes it and examines it before eyeing me.

"It's a mixtape full of 80s songs... I told you I'd make you one," I clarify. He smiles fondly and nods his head.

"That's right, you did," he replies. He pulls me into a side hug. "Thank you, I can't wait to play it," he says.

"You're welcome," I respond, giggling.

"Well... I guess we better get going," Steve declares. I nod and we all walk downstairs with them. We head outside and the two Avengers turn around to face us.

"I'm glad I got to know you, kid," Steve addresses me.

"Goodbye, y/n," Wanda pipes up.

A simper forms on my face and I nod at them. They turn back around and just like that, they disappear into the night. I hope we can meet again soon.

•~•~•~•

A few months later

These past few months have been busy. Tony, Pepper, and I have gotten super close, more than we already were. I know that they see me as a daughter and they know that I see them as another set of parents. For Christmas, Tony gifted me a car. I was excited about this because I was tired of being driven around or having to borrow Pepper's car. Speaking of parents, I finally called my family back in Hawkins. They were thrilled to hear from me and now my parents and I talk at least once a week. Erica even came to New York to visit me once.

I still see Jonathan and Nancy every once in a while. The three of us have hung out at their house or gone out to eat sometimes. It's still weird to me but it gets a little easier every day, and I plan on pulling through like a champ. As for my friendships, MJ and I are pretty close friends, although I haven't told her about being Amethyst yet. I don't want to risk anything happening to her because of my secret. Ned, Peter, MJ, and I are a tight-knit group. Speaking of Peter, we're practically attached at the hip. Since there haven't been many Avenger-level threats, I've been assisting the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. It may be strange for an Avenger to be stopping lowlifes with a local superhero but I don't really care. Someone always needs saving somewhere.