Chapter 69: I Could Fall in Love

This chapter is based on this song, so please listen to it (I'll tell you when) for a better reading experience 🥰 ^

I've done something similar to this for Jonathan but now we're getting inside Peter's mind 👀 

-

-

Third Person POV:

2 months later

Y/n and Peter lay on the roof of his building, gazing up at the stars. Peter is still in his Spidey suit since he just finished patrolling for the night. They've been silent for the past few minutes, each other's presence being enough to relax them. The silence gives them the opportunity to think about these last two months, which is how long they've been together. 

This is the happiest they've both been since Tony passed away. Of course they still miss him dearly, especially when they see his face in every corner they turn. However, the two have become one another's support system. Whenever one feels downcast over Tony, they try to turn their pain around by remembering him in a positive light. Of course the pain is still very much present, but they've managed to get by together.

"This is nice," Peter speaks up. A soft smile forms on his face.

"Yeah," y/n replies, sighing contently. "Tomorrow is the last day of school and then we're off to Europe... away from everything: this busy city, my therapist... the US government," she bitterly mumbles the last part.

Peter laughs when he hears the last three words. "I know. Thank goodness they're letting you leave the country," he comments, turning his head to look at the girl.

"I know right. Thanks to Dr. Raynor. She thinks I'm a lot more stable now and that the possibility of me enslaving a whole town again is pretty low... so that's good, I guess. Although I still have to call her like once a week for an over-the-phone session," y/n responds. 

"So that means you can go out as Amethyst again, right?" the boy asks, turning his body to lay on his side. He stares at the girl, awaiting her response. Y/n tenses up for a second. "You know, people have been asking about you. They want to know where Spider-Man's partner is."

Y/n heavily sighs. She hasn't gone out patrolling with Peter in months. She wasn't allowed to but Dr. Raynor recently gave her the green light, seeing as she's mentally in a better place than she was eight months ago. "Yes, it does mean I can be Amethyst again," she answers.

Peter eyes her for a second before asking, "Tomorrow I plan on taking down the Manfredi mob. You wanna join me? I could use a sidekick."

Y/n cackles at this. "Your sidekick? Please, if anything, you were my sidekick," she sasses.

"Ehhh, that's not how I remember it," Peter jokes, causing the two to laugh. Y/n turns to lay on her side and gazes at her boyfriend. The two just look into each other's eyes as y/n thinks about his question. She hasn't fought crime in a long time, the last person she fought was Agatha but that's different.