Chapter 29: Wakanda Forever

Outerspace

Outerspace

Peter's POV:

"Wow, you're seriously a loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?" Mr. Stark comments when he's stunned by the floating cloak. I lower down from my web.

"Yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty," I speak up, jumping onto my feet. Mr. Stark looks at me surprised.

"What the-"

"I know what you're gonna say..."

"You should not be here."

"I was gonna go home-"

"I don't wanna hear it. Is y/n here too? Please tell me she didn't fly up here," Mr. Stark interrupts. Oh, God, y/n. I hope she's alright.

"No, she's not here, but anyway, it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way-"

"And now I gotta hear it."

"And kinda stuck to the side of the ship, and this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So if anything, it's kind of your fault that I'm here," I finish. Mr. Stark snaps his head up at me with a stern look, the cloak copying his actions.

"What did you just say?" he questions, pointing at me. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"I-I take that back," I stutter. "And now I'm here in space."

Mr. Stark steps toward me. "Yeah, right where I didn't want you to be. Thank goodness, you didn't bring my daughter up here with you-" he cuts himself off and sighs. "This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. This is a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend you thought this through."

I immediately respond, "no, I did think this through. I did think this through!"

"You could not have possibly thought this through."

"You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there's no neighborhood," I state. Mr. Stark just stares at me with a dumbfounded expression. "Okay, that didn't really make sense but you know what I'm trying to say." He just nods and inhales a shaky breath, knowing it's too late to send me back to Earth now. "Come on, we got a situation," he states, leading me over to view what's going on below us. "See him down there? He's in trouble, what's your plan? Go," he voices. I think for a second and an idea pops into my head.

"Um... Okay, okay, uh... okay, did you ever see this really old movie, 'Aliens?" I say, standing up to face him.

•~•~•~•

Y/n's POV:

We sit in the Quinjet on our way to Wakanda to consult King T'Challa's sister, Shuri. This is all so wild. I'm no stranger to saving the world but this is my first time doing it without Eleven and my usual team. At least I have a new team and the current threat is of this universe... Although it is trying to kill half of it. Damn, I really went from saving the Earth to saving the universe.