Chapter 90: The Dream Team

"I just really miss him..."

"Me too... every day."

We turn to Happy, who responds, "yeah, I miss him too."

"Everywhere I go, I see his face. Well, two faces. His and Cap's..." I commence. "Reporters and paparazzi won't leave me alone and everyone's asking me if I'm the next Stark Heiress or which one of us is gonna be the new head Avenger," I point between Peter and I. Although many people, mostly men, assume that I'm out of the running for leadership for obvious reasons. "I don't think I could ever live up to Tony or Steve," I confess. If anything, it should be Sam.

There's a moment of silence before Peter decides to share, "the whole world is asking who's gonna be the next Iron Man and..." His voice breaks as he speaks and he pauses to sniffle. "I don't know if that's me. I'm not Iron Man," he finishes, looking at us sadly.

Happy shakes his head. "You're not Iron Man. Neither of you. You're never gonna be Iron Man," he bluntly tells us. We exchange a look before gazing down at the floor. "Nobody could live up to Tony. Not even Tony. Tony was my best friend. And he was a mess. He second-guessed everything he did. He was all over the place. The only two things that he did that he didn't second-guess was picking you, and taking you in," he explains, addressing Peter before addressing me.

I let his words sink in. Tony never had doubts about bringing a strange girl who was frozen for 32 years into his home? He was a good person, so it doesn't surprise me that he wanted to help me but anyone would second-guess inviting a stranger into their home. They certainly wouldn't adopt the stranger and let them live with them as if they're family. Although Tony wasn't just anyone. "I didn't know Captain Rogers all that well... but I'll tell you one thing, he truly did believe in you. That was obvious. He and Tony talked about how proud they were of you one time," Happy adds.

I dart my eyes to him, staring at him in astonishment and sadness. The thought of Steve and Tony discussing their pride in me brings tears to my eyes. Happy looks between us as he states, "I don't think Tony or Steve would've done what they did if they didn't know that you two were gonna be here after they were gone... Now your friends are in trouble, you guys are all alone, your tech is missing. What are you gonna do about it?"

I look away in thought. His speech definitely helped to motivate me. I'm gonna do what Tony and Steve taught me to do... and Wanda– can't forget Wanda... Peter and I share a determined look and shoot up from our seats. "We're gonna kick his ass," we declare in sync.

"But I mean- I mean, right now. Like specifically, what are we gonna do? Because we've been hovering over a tulip field for the last 15 minutes," Happy clarifies.

"Right, um, we can't call our friends because he's tracking their phones," I speak up.

"Yeah... uh, give me your phone," Peter chimes in, going over to Happy.

"What, my- my cellphone?" the man stutters as he takes it out of his jacket.

"Yeah."

"Okay. Here," Happy complies, handing his phone to Peter.

Peter walks back to me as he asks the man, "what's your password?"

"Password."

"No, what is your password?" Peter asks again.

"Uh, I think that is..." I trail off before Happy interjects.

"Password. The word spelled out. Password."

I knew it. "You're the head of security and your password is 'password?" Peter asks in disbelief.

"You should change that, bro," I chime in.