Chapter 85: I'm Not Amethyst

The elevator bell dings as the doors open and y/n steps out into the lobby. She immediately spots Peter leaning against a pillar as he watches the news. The boy hears the bell and looks up, his girlfriend coming into view. They go up to each other and Peter greets, "hey" as they meet halfway.

"Hey," the girl returns before they share a short kiss. She takes note of his gel-free hair and smiles. I guess he listened to me, she thinks. She knows that if she hadn't said anything, his hair would be heavily gelled back right now.

"So where do you wanna go?" Peter asks.

Y/n shrugs. "I don't know. It doesn't matter."

"Awesome. We'll just go wherever our legs take us, I guess," the boy replies.

"That's perfect," y/n laughs.

Peter laughs as well. "Let's go," he says, grasping his girlfriend's hand. They begin walking through the lobby in silence. Peter wears a nervous smile on his face, thinking about what he's about to do. They pass by a seating area, not noticing Brad sitting there with his laptop in front of him. Brad looks up, sees the couple walk by, and rolls his eyes.

The couple walks out of the hotel and ends up on a bridge. "I'm glad we're doing this," Peter expresses.

"Yeah, me too. This is a much better way to spend our last night here instead of being stuck in the hotel," y/n answers.

"Yeah... We can finally see the city a little bit," Peter agrees.

Y/n inhales a breath and smiles as she takes in her surroundings. This is really peaceful. "This bridge is beautiful. It's a nice place for a photoshoot. Damn it, I should've brought my camera," she comments, scoffing and shaking her head. Peter chuckles at this.

"It's okay. At least now you can just enjoy it and it'll live in your memories forever," he tells her. The girl nods in agreement.

"Hmm, yeah, that's true, I guess," she states. Silence falls upon them as they continue walking, swinging their connected hands back and forth.

"Uh," Peter utters, making his girlfriend look at him. "There's this thing that I've been wanting to talk to you about for... a while," he anxiously mentions.

Y/n slows down to a stop and stands in front of him. "Okay, what is it?"

Peter anxiously clenches his fists. Now that he's in the moment, he's absolutely terrified but he powers through. There's no going back now. "It's our last night in Europe and I had this plan that I wanted to– tell you..." he trails off before squeezing his eyes shut and shaking his head. His nerves are eating him up. Y/n takes note of this, wondering why he's so nervous. Peter reaches into his jeans pocket as he stammers, "I'm just gonna- I'm just gonna tell you." He takes a small circular case out of his pocket. "Uh... Y/n, I-"

"MJ??" y/n randomly blurts. Peter glances at her, baffled.

"What?" he asks before noticing that she's gazing at something behind him. He turns around, seeing MJ running up to them. Really, now? He thinks, kind of annoyed yet relieved at the same time that she interrupted the moment.

"What are you doing here? Is something wrong?" y/n asks her friend as she catches up to them.

"I know," MJ simply states. Y/n and Peter give her a puzzled look.

"Know what?" the girl questions.

"That you're Amethyst," MJ claims. Y/n freezes and MJ's eyes shift to the boy. "And you're Spider-Man." Now it's Peter's turn to be shocked.

"What?" the pair synchronously reacts.

Y/n tries to laugh it off. "I'm not- I'm not Amethyst. And he definitely is not Spider-Man," she chuckles.