Chapter 84: How Does He Do This?

*In Miss Minutes' voice* Hey, y'all! Here's another chapter 😁

-

-

Third Person POV:

Y/n and Peter changed back into their formal wear before heading back to the hotel. They jog up the stairs, arriving on their floor. Just as they do, Ned scurries out from the hallway in a white bathrobe. "Guys, oh, my God!" he yells, chuckling in relief as he runs up to the couple and wraps his arms around them.

"Hey," they greet in unison as they return the hug.

"We almost died!" Ned claims as he holds onto his friends tightly. He's so happy to see them, he was worried something had happened to them.

"But you didn't. It's okay now," y/n assures him before pulling away.

Peter pulls away as well and pipes up, "Hey, guess what? We're done with the mission." He smiles, glancing at his girlfriend before looking at Ned. Y/n nods and smiles as well, hoping that she can finally enjoy the rest of the trip.

"Dude, the trip's over," Ned informs them.

Peter and y/n's smiles instantly drop. "What?" the boy asks, knitting his eyebrows together.

"Are you serious?" y/n questions. Well, there goes my hopes and dreams of having fun in Europe, she thinks.

"There's monsters coming out of the ground everywhere we go. Of course our parents would want us home," Ned explains.

"Man, this sucks," the girl blurts in disappointment. All she wanted was a fun normal vacation and that was ruined by the Elementals. Peter is upset as well. He didn't get to complete his plan to enamor y/n.

A voice captures the trio's attention, making them spin around to see Mr. Harrington walking toward them as he talks on the phone. "Don't put me on hold," he voices before his eyes land on the couple. "Oh, Peter! Y/n! You're not dead! Oh, my God!" he calls out, hugging the boy before hugging y/n. "Yes, good. Stay here, don't die," he says, patting the girl's shoulder. "Put some clothes on. We're booking flights," he rambles, pointing at Ned before wandering off. Y/n watches him walk away, a bit stunned by his small nervous chattering.

Out of nowhere, Mr. Dell comes up to them. "We came for science. We're leaving because of witches. Welcome to the new Dark Ages," he remarks before striding away in the other teacher's direction. Peter and Ned turn to y/n, curious to know her reaction to what Mr. Dell just said.

The girl just stands there with a bored facial expression. A tight-lipped smile forms on her face. "If only he knew," she comments, glancing between the two boys, grinning amusedly and shaking her head. "Just wait till I start learning magic, then he needs to watch out," she jokes, causing the boys to laugh.

The smile is quickly wiped off of Peter's face and he shakes his head, returning to the previous conversation. "What is going on, dude?" he questions his best friend.

"We're going home in the morning."

"No. No, no, no, all the Elementals are gone," Peter rapidly informs, not wanting to believe the trip is over.

"Yeah, it's not dangerous anymore. We can stay now," y/n adds. She doesn't want to leave when she hasn't even gotten the chance to truly enjoy it yet.

"Ned!"

Their heads snap to the side, spotting Betty standing in a doorway in the distance. "Coming, sweetie," Ned replies, giving a small wave before jogging off toward her. The pair watches him leave when they suddenly hear the sound of a door opening, accompanied by upbeat music.