Chapter 57: Back in the Real World

Hi! I'm here and back with some Peter content!! 

Y'all lmao... the way I want to shift to this story but I gave homegirl so much trauma 😭

-

-

"I'm ready to go home."

Pepper sends me a soft smile and approaches me. "Then let's go," she whispers, draping an arm around my shoulders as we walk to her car. She turns around and calls, "you coming, Peter?"

"Yeah," he swiftly replies, catching up to us. I open the car door and am about to climb in until someone calls my name.

"Y/n!" I look behind me and see the party. "We're gonna be in New York for a couple of days. You know, so we could spend some time together," Lucas speaks, pointing between himself and Dustin.

"Us too," Will pipes up while Mike nods in agreement. "We're staying with Jonathan and Nancy."

"All of you?" I question. Yikes, that's a lot of guests.

"Oh, no, they are. We're staying at a hotel," Dustin clears up. I only nod. I like the thought of having them close by but I know they're only doing this to make sure I don't have another drastic breakdown.

"Thanks, guys... I'll see you all later," I finally say before getting into the car. I quietly sigh and look to my left, seeing Peter already looking at me. He offers me a small grin and I return the gesture. Pepper almost instantly drives off and an awkward silence fills the car.

"You know, Morgan's been asking for you. She's gonna be really happy to see you," she suddenly voices. My heart slightly drops at the mention of her name. I can hear Tony's voice in my head.

"Tell Morgan her dad loves her 3000."

"I'm gonna be happy to see her too," I choke out. I replay the recent events in my head, going over my last conversation with Tony. Everyone in this vehicle has an emotional connection to him and we all occupied his final thoughts. Oh, gosh, Pepper doesn't even know what I did. Telling her is going to be difficult but I must do it. She needs to know what Tony told me to tell her.

*Time skip*

The rest of the ride is silent as I get lost in thought. I'm surprised Peter hasn't said anything but he probably just doesn't know what to say. I wouldn't know either if I were him. We pull up to the familiar cabin and hop out of the car. I remain in place for a moment, just staring at the house and remembering the funeral. Steve left that same day.

"You okay?" Peter softly asks, appearing at my side. My head snaps to him, pulling me out of my trance.

"Yeah," I murmur. He nods and gently grabs my hand, pulling me toward the house. Pepper unlocks the door and we step inside. This place doesn't 100% feel like a home to me yet, but that's because I've only lived here for about three weeks before running off and magically building a new house in Westview. All my memories with Tony, Steve, Wanda, etc. are at the compound. Or they were... too bad the compound is a pile of rubble now.

"Happy! We're home!" Pepper calls out.

Soon after, he comes into view with Morgan right behind him. He greets Pepper before his eyes land on me. "Y/n. It's good to have you back," he tells me.

"It's good to be back," I respond. I look down at Morgan, who's just staring at me curiously. I approach her and bend down to her level. "Hey, girlie. How are you?" I softly speak.

"Good. Where did you go?" she asks. I hesitate to answer as I think about the little life I created with our dad.

"Somewhere far away but not too far. I needed a break... but that's over now and I'm back," I reply, offering her a kind smile.