Chapter 50: Breaking the Fourth Wall

I love this intro because it's like The Office, which is my favorite show ever 😭 Just pretend it says Wanda and y/n. I kind of wish they put Wanda in a Juicy tracksuit since those were so iconic in the 2000s :( 

Also, for the interviews: they will be italicized and have '🎬' at the beginning and end of each one.

-

-

I slowly open my eyes as I wake up. Gosh, I feel so dead. I heavily sigh and throw the blanket off of myself, sitting up. I look down and realize I'm still in my Halloween costume. Great, I forgot to change. I shuffle to my closet and pull out a pink tracksuit and white sneakers. We want to be comfortable but not bummy. I trudge out of my room and knock on Tony's door. I knock twice again before opening the door when there's no response. His room is empty... He didn't want to come home, well, that's nice. I walk down the hall and go into Wanda's room. It seems like Vision's gone too. I plop down on top of Wanda and she groans. "Ugh, y/n, get off of me," she whines. I don't move.

"I have zero energy," I sigh. Wanda sighs as well and we stay quiet for a moment until she finally shoves me off.

"Okay, get off," she groans as she pushes me. I land in the spot next to her and just stare up at the ceiling.

🎬

"Look, we've all been there, right?" Wanda chuckles. "Letting our fear and anger get the best of us..."

"Intentionally expanding the borders of the false world we created," I continue from my spot on the arm of the chair Wanda's sitting in.

*Cut to scene of the barrier expanding while soldiers run away screaming*

🎬

Wanda and I sigh and raise the blanket over our heads. The twins suddenly run into the room. "Mom, are you coming down soon?" Tommy questions.

"Mom, our game is freaking out!" Billy chimes in.

*The twins play a video game and the controllers suddenly glitch, turning into a more retro version of the controllers. They study the controllers in confusion, and they change again into the 70s version before glitching into Uno cards*

"Is she asleep?" Tommy asks.

"And is that Aunt y/n next to her?" Billy also asks.

"Yes. It's me," I dully state from under the blanket.

"Mommy's not sleeping, honey. She's just resting her eyes," Wanda tells them.

"Mom, my head feels weird. It's like really noisy. I don't like it," Billy claims. Wanda lowers the blanket to reveal her face.

"Resting. Her. Eyes," she whispers without opening her eyes.

"Aunt y/n?"

I pull the blanket down too and smile tiredly at the twins before shutting my eyes. "I'm taking a nap," I whisper. The twins give each other a weird look before quietly exiting the room.

🎬

"As punishment for our reckless evening, we plan on taking a quarantine-style staycation," I voice.

"The whole day... just to ourselves... That'll show me," Wanda chimes in.

"And me," I add.

🎬

Wanda heavily sighs and throws the blanket off of her, revealing her costume from last night. She looks at her outfit and softly sighs, "oh," covering her face with her hands. I look at her outfit and weakly chuckle.