Chapter 74: Man of Mystery

I am so hyped for NWH omg, the trailer had me screaming!!

-

-

Y/n's POV:

"Uh, it is me, or is that not normal?" I question when I notice the water gurgle up from the sewer then drain.

"I don't think so," Peter answers. I turn my attention back to the water, seeing the waves become more noticeable and aggressive. They move toward the center of the body of water before going dead for a second. Huh, well, that's weird. Out of the blue, there's a huge eruption in the water, causing people to shriek in fear. Peter grabs onto my arms as we stumble back a bit in shock. Huge waves flood our surroundings and topple boats over. I glance up to see Betty and Ned screaming as their gondola heads in our direction and crashes into the door beside us.

"Betty!" I shout as we hurry to them.

"Are you okay?" Peter asks her as we help her out of the boat. Meanwhile, Ned scrambles out while MJ hops over the boat to get to our side.

"Yeah," she assures us. She runs toward me and grabs my hands, MJ approaching us to make sure she's alright.

"Come on," Peter urges Ned as he helps him. All our heads snap to the side, the rising and swirling water coming into view.

"Guys, we gotta go!" Betty frantically yells.

The water forms into the shape of a person and lets out a deep groan. I watch with an astounded look on my face. I just wanted a vacation and now there's a water monster I have to deal with?? I face the girls and order, "Go! MJ, get her out of here! Go!" I nudge them with my hands and Betty tries to leave but MJ doesn't budge.

"What about you?" she worriedly asks.

"I'll catch up, just go!" I command but they don't move, even though Betty desperately wants to. MJ plants herself like a tree and shakes her head, giving me a scared look. I love that she's concerned about me but she really needs to go.

I sigh. "Hold on," I utter before going over to the boys, who are caught up in a conversation of their own.

"I left my suit in the hotel room," Peter tells Ned as they're latched onto each other's arms.

Ned stares at Peter with a terrified expression. "Why???" he asks in a high-pitched tone.

"Because I'm on vacation, Ned! Everyone's gonna see my face, just get them out of here," Peter hisses through gritted teeth. He pushes Ned in my direction, who stops when he sees me.

"Please tell me you have your suit!" he panics, gripping my arms.

I place my hands on his shoulders and look him directly in the eyes. "I got it covered, just please go, okay?" Ned eagerly nods and runs off with Betty and MJ. Peter and I turn to each other and share a look. We both know we have to stop the monster. People run and trip around us so we help them up.

"Get out of here! Go!" Peter urges a man as he gets him out of the way. We spin around and see the water monster raise its arm, about to drop its fist onto us. "Oh, my God, go!" Peter shouts, pulling me with him.

"Shit!" I react as we run and hide behind the corner of the building behind us. Peter puts his arm around my shoulders and we lower our heads right when the water roughly splashes. He holds me protectively against the wall as we wait for the water to stop. It soon goes away so we let go of each other and peek around the wall, spotting the creature attacking the city. Peter quickly puts on and activates his web-shooters while my suit magically replaces my regular outfit. He glances at me with a skeptical look on his face.