Chapter 52: And That Makes You...

Y/h/t = Your home town

Warning: Mentions of death and violence.

-

-

Agnes- or Agatha, apparently, stands in front of us as she pets her bunny. She suddenly lifts it to her ear. "Hmm? Hmm? No, I know," she chuckles as she glances at us. "They do look shocked to meet the real us, don't they?" I slightly tilt my head as I stare at her, trying to read her mind. "Oh," Agatha laughs. "That's adorable how you two do that in sync. My thoughts are not available to either of you, toots. They never ever were. So don't go giving yourselves a migraine. We've got work to do," she speaks, walking away. Wanda and I share a puzzled glance.

"Where are my children?" Wanda asks.

"Where are my children?" Agatha mocks her accent. "Oof. That accent really comes and goes, doesn't it?"

"Where are they?!" I demand. We both bring our hands up to blast her but nothing happens. I gaze at my hands in shock.

"Oh. Your magic's no good here," Agatha informs us. Why is she calling our powers "magic?" Suddenly, Wanda and I are pulled off the ground as our hands are forced behind our backs. We groan in pain, feeling our muscles stretch out. Agatha pulls us forward, making us yelp and gasp when we're abruptly stopped in the middle of the room. We glance at each other in concern.

"Didn't you notice? Basic protection spell? One in each wall?" Agatha questions, pointing at the walls. We glance around to see glowing violet symbols at the top of the walls. "No? Nothing? These are runes, ladies. In a given space, only the witch that cast the runes can use her magic. How do you not know the fundamentals?" she chats as she walks around us.

"Who are you?" Wanda asks her.

"Who are you?" Agatha retaliates, looking between us. "All those costumes and hairstyles," she sighs. "I was so patient, waiting for you to reveal your true selves. I got close with fake Pietro and Jonathan, Fietro and Fonathan if you will, but no dice."

We gape at her as she walks around us again. "That was you..." I voice. So she's the reason "Jonathan" showed up.

"No, it wasn't literally me. Just my eyes and ears. A crystalline possession. Necromancy was a non-starter since your real brother's body is on another continent. Not to mention, full of holes," she depicts, coming up behind Wanda. She moves her face closer to me and tells me, "and your ex-boyfriend isn't even dead, he's just old... but you two are so crippled by your own self-doubt that you believed it."

My breath becomes slightly heavier as I listen to her, becoming more upset with each sentence. She's not wrong about my self-doubt, which makes me more upset. She steps in front of us as she proceeds to talk. "Oh, y/n, Wanda. Oh, when I sensed this place, the afterglow of so many spells cast all at once... Oh, I couldn't make heads or tails of it." She looks so amazed by it all as we just observe her in curiosity and bewilderment. Agatha picks up a huge fly from beside her and holds it in her hand as she steps toward us with a smile. She circles her other hand over it, chanting in Latin.

"Mind control. A classic," she states, moving her hand, making the fly follow the movement. Wanda and I quietly gasp as we watch. Somebody better get this crazy woman away from us. "Quick incantation and a feeble psyche and you're good to go." She sends the bug flying toward Wanda's face and I scrunch up my face in disgust. She better not make that thing crawl on my face next. Wanda lightly groans, clearly uncomfortable about the fly crawling all over her face.

"With thousands of people under your thumbs, all interacting with each other according to complex storylines. Well, that's something special, baby," she claims as she nears Wanda. She swipes the fly off of her face. "And of course, there's transmutation. She opens her hand, showcasing the fly. She recites something again, moving her hand around. The fly turns into a bird and she lets it fly through the air. I watch it in surprise, not understanding what I just witnessed. "Years of study to achieve even the smallest convincing illusion. But Westview through your lenses, Wanda and y/n..."