Chapter 97: Did You Feel Anything?

Y/n sits in a cross-legged position on her bed, hugging a pillow to her chest. An absent look rests on her face as she stares at the turquoise comforter covering the mattress she's sitting on. She hasn't left the house all day. She spent most of the day in her bedroom thinking... thinking about what she did. What she saw, who she saw. She got to embrace her parents once again, got to see some of her friends... had a moment with him. And he was young again, there were no barriers such as giant age gaps or marriages between them.

Y/n is too deep in thought to hear the knock at the door. The knock sounds three more times along with the calling of her name before the person lets himself in. As he enters the room, his brown eyes land on the girl, who's still staring at the comforter intently. "Y/n?" the person calls, finally snapping the girl out of her thoughts. She sharply lifts her head, turning to look at the person in shock. She sees Peter gazing back at her with a small puzzled grin. "Hey... I was knocking but I guess you didn't hear me," he claims as he nears her.

Guilt floods y/n's heart as she watches him get closer. The brunet boy sits down at the corner of the bed and looks at his girlfriend with concern in his eyes. "Is everything okay?" he cautiously inquires.

The girl sends him the tiniest of nods. "Y-yeah, everything's fine. Why?"

"Well, 'cause... I haven't heard from you all day. Not even a text... I got worried, thought that maybe something was wrong," Peter expresses, his tone ever so gentle. Y/n remains quiet as she just stares at him. Her heart begins to pound as she becomes nervous. The guilt is consuming her. She has to tell him what happened. He deserves to know. But how will he react? How will he feel about it?

The girl hangs her head, too afraid to look at Peter. "I'm sorry. I've just been here... thinking," she merely responds, not knowing how to bring up the dreaded topic. A mixture of worry and intrigue takes over her boyfriend.

"Okay... about what?"

Y/n swallows hard. Her chest tightens and her palms become sweaty as she prepares herself for what comes next. "Something happened..." she whispers, not daring to lift her head.

Peter's forehead creases in concern. "When? Last night?" he softly questions, to which his girlfriend nods. "What happened? Are you okay? Can I do something?" he asks, slightly panicking. This makes y/n feel even worse. Peter is such a sweet person, he cares about her so much, but she can't hide this from him. It will do him a lot worse if he doesn't know.

"No, uh... it's nothing like what you might be thinking," the girl claims, finally raising her head to make eye contact. This baffles him even more. Here goes nothing, y/n thinks, inhaling a deep breath. "Okay, um... so you know how I've learned some things about myself– like the whole Amethyst Witch thing– and I can teleport and stuff now," she commences.

The boy nods. "Yeah," he confirms.

Y/n lowers her gaze, staring down at her hands. "Yeah, so, turns out I can not only teleport from one place to another... I can go from one point in time to another," she reveals. She darts her eyes to the boy, wanting to see his reaction.

Peter is stunned. His lips lightly part as he stares at the girl in astonishment. Eventually, he furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head to snap out of his trance. "W-w-wait, I'm sorry... what?" he reacts, gaping at his girlfriend. Y/n nods to confirm that he heard right. "You-you're saying you can time travel?" the boy queries, leaning toward the girl.

She nods. "Yeah."

The boy just gawks at her for a moment, processing the information. A short chortle finally escapes his mouth, excitement bubbling up inside him. "That– oh, my God, y/n, that is so awesome!" he chirps, beaming at the girl. Y/n only gives him a weak smile, knowing that she's about to crush his enthusiasm. Peter's grin slightly drops as a thought crosses his mind. "Wait... how do you know that?" he asks before lightly gasping. "Did you time travel?" he whispers as if there's someone around to hear him.