Chapter 66: The Real Slim Shady

Y/n's POV:

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Y/n's POV:

As soon as I wake up, the memories from last night come flooding back. A wide smile spreads across my face when I remember how the night ended. Peter and I finally had our first kiss. It took us a long time but at least things are finally starting to happen... or are they? Where does this leave us now? What are we? I turn on my side to reach for my phone on the nightstand. Once I grasp it, I turn back to lay on my back. The screen lights up and I see text notifications from my friends, including Peter. Another smile forms on my face when I read his message:

Peter:

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I had a great time last night... hope we can do it again sometime :) -8:10 AM

Can we meet up today? -8:30 AM

I lightly giggle at the messages. He is the cutest thing ever. I start typing when a News notification pops up, "ABC News: John Walker Named Captain America." I huff when I read that. Oh, great, now my morning is ruined. I grab the remote from the nightstand and turn on the tv, going to the ABC channel. The first thing I see is a marching band and dancers on a football field. They're playing the Star-Spangled Man With a Plan song... the song that Steve performed in the 40s. I shake my head, already feeling bitter about this. The new Captain America, whose name I learned is John Walker, runs into the field and high-fives one of the performers before running up to the stage. The crowd goes wild as he does this.

He stands on the stage and waves while the girls in sparkly blue outfits dance around him. A blonde lady walks on stage and proudly introduces him. "Ladies and gentlemen, your new Captain America!" The audience cheers louder and fireworks go off.

I scoff. "Not my Captain America," I remark. I watch as the dancers get off the stage and Walker smiles at the crowd.

"Good morning... America," he voices, trying to sound cool. I roll my eyes at this. No matter how hard he tries, he will never be on Steve's level. The tv crew brings two chairs on stage and Walker and the interviewer sit down.

"Thank you so much for coming. This has gotta be fun though. Coming back to your high school after so much has changed?" the interviewer speaks.

"Oh, it's great. We're- oh!" Walker interrupts himself when a fan screams his name. Are these people not upset that Steve is gone? Why the hell are they kissing Walker's ass so much?

"John, I think the first thing everyone wants to know is what is it like being Captain America? Do eagles fly overhead wherever you go?" the woman asks, making him release a stupid laugh. It really wasn't that funny but whatever.

When his laughter dies down, he responds, "uh, yes." The interviewer chuckles at this. "Yeah, that and flags tend to start majestically waving in the wind," he continues, looking toward the crowd with a cocky smile. I don't hear anyone laughing, John.