Chapter 51: Breaking the Fourth Wall Part 2

Wanda and I smirk at each other, both of us thinking the same thing. "Chips?" I suggest. Wanda smiles and hums in response. We stand up and head to the kitchen but are stopped by a suspicious noise. We witness the table glitch into a different one and the light above it does the same. Everything around us changes, from the curtains to the wallpaper. The walls glitch and the stairs change, then we hear a chattering noise. We turn to see a stork running and disappear in a cloud of purple smoke. We gasp as chaos occurs around us.

🎬

Wanda shakes her head and claims, "I don't understand what's happening."

"Me neither... I don't get why it's all falling apart and why..." I join in. I look down at Wanda and say, "why we can't fix it."

"Do you think maybe this is what you deserve?" the interviewer asks, stunning us.

"What?" I question.

"You're not supposed to talk," Wanda states.

🎬

🎥🎥🎥

Darcy and Will catch the two men up on their history before Westview as they ride in the van. "So, Wanda killed me?" Vision asks.

"Yes, but it's not that simple. You asked her to do it," Darcy confirms.

"Why would I have done that?"

"To save the universe. Well, half of it," Darcy responds.

"Did it work?" Vision asks.

"It did... Until the bad guy rewound time and killed you himself. There are a few extra steps, but to set up the context..."

"I came back and died again."

"And she had to watch," Darcy tells him.

Tony decides to cut in, "then five years later, I snapped my fingers and died?"

"Basically. You stopped the bad guy from killing everyone again," Will answers.

"Did, um... did y/n watch me die?" Tony asks. Will gives him a sympathetic look and nods his head. Tony gulps, feeling awful that his daughter had to see that. According to Will, he has a second daughter but he can't remember much about her, only her face. "I keep getting these flashes without context and I don't remember ever experiencing any of it. Why is that?"

Darcy only shrugs and Will replies, "I wish I knew."

Darcy slows down and the vehicle comes to a stop. "Ugh, man, another red light? It's kinda overkill out in the sticks here, don't you think?"

Vision and Tony suspiciously glance around before sharing a look. "Yes," they both voice.

🎬

"I believe... I think that Wanda and y/n are creating these impediments to stop us returning home," Vision claims. Tony sighs from beside him and adjusts his shades.

"It offends me but I gotta admit, it's pretty smart... y/n gets that from me," Tony adds.

🎬

The light turns green and Darcy slowly drives forward. "Also, it never rains in Westview, right?" She abruptly hits the brake when a truck appears and stops in front of them, followed by construction workers. Vision and Tony give the camera a knowing look.

🎬

"It's not cute," Tony states.

Vision scoffs. "I'm not amused."