Chapter 56: That's a Wrap Part 3

We all go up to the twins' room to say goodbye to them.

Tony and I stand by the door as Wanda and Vision tuck them in. "Okay, hop in," Wanda instructs as she tucks Billy into bed. I watch with a fond grin as Vision goes to sit on Tommy's bed. "Snug as a bug," Wanda notes.

"Big day today. Your mother and I..." Vision trails off. Wanda gives him a worried expression. He returns the expression, knowing what's about to occur. "Are very proud of you both."

Wanda smiles in relief and adds, "very proud."

"So are we," I cut in as me and Tony come closer. "You've made me a very proud auntie," I chuckle, making the boys smile.

Wanda gives me a grateful smile before focusing on her sons. "You know... a family is forever. We could never truly leave each other, even if we tried... You know that, right?" The twins nod and the couple kisses their heads before switching to kiss the other twin's head.

"Goodnight, chaps," Vision says as he walks to the door. The twins return the "goodnight" and Tony and I approach them. We both hug them and Tony high-fives them.

"That face goes there," he jokes, pushing Tommy's head onto the pillow. Tommy laughs at this. "Goodnight, little troublemakers," he voices as he walks to the door.

"Night, Tony," they both respond.

"Goodnight, boys," I softly say, walking to the door as well.

"Goodnight, Aunt y/n."

I look into the room as we stand at the door, becoming nervous when I see the barrier inching closer. "Boys... thanks for choosing me to be your mom," Wanda tells the twins. They grin softly at her and we all exit the room. Once we reach the bottom of the stairs, I grip Vision's arm. He halts and quizzically gazes at me.

"I just want to say that we didn't know each other very well before coming here but... I enjoyed being your 'sister-in-law.' I'm glad we got to know each other."

Vision warmly grins at my statement. "Yes, it's been a pleasure," he responds, sticking his hand out. I shake it firmly and he shrugs and pulls me into a hug. After pulling apart, he walks into the living room to find Wanda while I head into the kitchen where Tony is. I turn on the light, startling him. He smiles fondly when he notices me. He's leaning against the kitchen island and I slowly step toward him. I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye but it's not like I have a choice.

"Hey, kiddo," he kindly greets.

"Hey... dad," I return. I lean my elbows on the island and look at him.

"So I guess it's too late to go get cheeseburgers, huh?" Tony mentions, making me giggle.

"Yeah," I murmur as I gaze through the kitchen window, seeing the crackling barrier. It's close, I can hear the electrical buzzing getting louder. Tony looks through the window too and slightly frowns.

"Look, I know we don't have much time... but before I go, I gotta ask. Are Pepper and Morgan okay?" he asks. I look into his glossy eyes and feel my heart shatter. If only he could see them one last time.

"They're okay... Morgan is a strong kid, and she's smart... she's a lot like you," I sadly laugh as a tear rolls down my cheek. Tony also laughs and nods as a tear rolls down his own cheek. 

"That's good to know. I have another question, I just- I have to know..." he trails off. I look at him expectantly. "What am I?"

I gently take his hand in mine and look him in the eyes. "You are the piece of the Energy Stone inside me. You're a life force, an energy. You're a soul that I made physical," I explain. Tony nods his head in understanding.