Chapter 77: Hey, Peter... I Miss You

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I was feeling a little disheartened but anyway, here's another chapter :)

-

-

I jog down the stairs with my suitcase in hand, spotting Peter waiting for me in the lobby. "Hey," I chirp as I near him. His head snaps up when he hears my voice.

A warm grin forms on his face and I could swear I see his eyes twinkle when he catches sight of me. "Hey," he returns, turning his body to face me.

Right before I could reach him, someone jumps in front of me, blocking my view of my boyfriend. I'm forced to halt so I don't crash into the person and glance at his face. Brad is standing in front of me with his usual cheesy smile. "Hey! I could take your luggage for you," he offers, reaching down to take my suitcase.

"Oh," I voice, gazing down at the hand from which he pries the suitcase. "Thanks," I tell him, smiling politely at him.

"Yeah, no problem," he cheerily replies. He begins to walk off but turns to me when he notices I haven't moved. My eyes land on Peter, who's trying and failing to hide a sour facial expression. "You coming?" Brad's voice sounds.

I turn my head to him and respond, "uh, yeah, I'll be right there."

He looks between Peter and I, his grin slightly falling. "Okay," he quietly responds before walking outside. My focus is entirely on Peter now, who's bitterly glaring in the direction Brad went.

"Hmm, so jealous Peter is back," I tease as I take a step closer to him.

Peter turns to look at me and lightly scoffs. "I'm not jealous," he lies.

I narrow my eyes and smirk. "Of course not," I sarcastically reply before grabbing his hand and pulling him toward the front door. As soon as we exit the hotel, we find Ned standing by the entrance.

"Hey, man, are you sure you're good?" Peter asks him, letting go of my hand to set his on Ned's arm.

Ned turns to us with a content smile. "Oh, dude! I'm fine!" he claims.

"Okay, nice," Peter mutters while I nod in relief. I already knew he'd be fine but it's still nice to hear him confirm it.

"Okay, don't worry. Seriously, getting tranq'd in the neck by Nick Fury, probably the coolest thing to ever happen to me anyway," Ned continues. I chuckle and shake my head lightly. I love how happy he is about this, his positivity is admirable.

"It was funny," I state.

Ned smiles and breathes out, "yeah."

"It is pretty awesome," Peter chortles at the same time, taking Ned's hand to do their handshake. As he and Ned do this, he continues to speak. "I'm just happy I don't have to go to Prague."

"Seriously... wait, aren't you going?" Ned asks me.

I nod in confirmation. "Yup. If Fury contacts me," I state.

"Is he going to call or some-" Ned begins to ask before getting interrupted.

"Good news! We're going to Prague," Mr. Harrington's voice sounds. We turn to see him coming out of the hotel with a wide smile on his face. "Huh?" he cheerily voices as he walks in between us, heading toward the rest of the class.

Peter stares at him in utter shock. "What?" he blurts. We gaze at each other with our mouths agape.

"A call would have sufficed," I remark. So we never really had a choice. Fury planned to drag us into this no matter what we decided.