Chapter 76: You're a Good Person

Peter and I are suited up as we stand on a boat beside Fury riding through the canals of the city. "Stark left these for you," the man pipes up. I perk up when I hear "Stark," quickly turning to him. For me or Peter?

Fury hands Peter a case, making him ask, "me? Really?" Peter takes it and opens it to reveal a pair of glasses. My heart stops when I see them, I recognize them instantly. I went through Tony's belongings one night when I was downcast over him and found these. They looked brand new so I guess he never got to wear them.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.' Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference," Fury quotes, scoffing.

I softly smile. "He said that to me one time," I mention. I keep my gaze forward as I reminisce the time Tony recited this to me when I first joined the Avengers. I feel something warm grab my hand and look down, seeing Peter's glove-covered hand in mine.

*Time skip*

Fury leads us through underground tunnels and voices, "you can lose the masks. Everyone here has seen you without them. You'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through spandex for no good reason." Peter and I stop walking and remove our masks. Fury stops walking and turns to us. "Come on," he urges.

"Yeah," we mumble, following him into what appears to be a lair full of people and machines everywhere. They've all seen me without a mask? I wonder if they know about Westview.

Fury points to his left. "Over there we have Maria Hill," he announces. Maria just glances at us with no emotion before going back to what she's doing. "That is Dimitri," he adds, pointing at the man by Maria. Dimitri looks at us and cocks his gun. Peter and I just grin politely at them as we walk by. "And this is Mr. Beck."

We stop walking and my jaw drops when I see a man wearing the same apparel Mysterio wore today. He turns around to look at us and I can't lie, he's pretty handsome. "Mysterio?" Peter asks.

"What?" the man asks in confusion.

"Doesn't matter. It's just what our friends have been calling you," Peter clarifies.

"Well, you guys can call me Quentin," the man responds, approaching us. He shakes Peter's hand first before shaking mine. "You handled yourselves well out there. I saw what you did with the tower. And you were phenomenal, almost killed that thing. We could use people like you two on my world," he tells us. I would've if he didn't keep knocking me down.

"Thanks," Peter and I say. We give each other a puzzled look. Did we hear him right?

"Wait, did you say, 'your world?" I ask.

Fury's voice sounds from behind us. "Uh, Mr. Beck is from Earth, Just not yours," he chimes in, walking past us.

Beck's voice makes us turn to him. "There are multiple realities, y/n. This is Earth Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833," he depicts.

"Cool. So The Flash was right... I knew it," I remark with an impressed smile. I always knew this wasn't the only world that existed because of the Upside Down, but I wasn't sure if there was an infinite number of realities.

Peter swiftly walks toward him and I already know he's more excited than I am. "I'm sorry, you're saying there's a multiverse?" he questions. I step forward as well and stand beside him. "Because I only knew of one other world so I thought that was just theoretical. I mean, that completely changes how we understand the initial singularity." I just watch him with an admiring smile on my face. I love when he gets excited and starts talking about science. "We're talking about an eternal inflation system. And how does that even work with all the quantum- It's insane!" he enthusiastically chats, turning to me with a bright smile and chuckling before turning his head the other way.