Chapter 70: Peter's Plan

In case anyone gets confused, I use scenes from the Peter's To-Do List short film in this chapter, which isn't in the movie but it was in the extended cut. It should be on YT if you want to check it out!

(Y/f/f) = Your favorite flower

(Y/r) = Your reason

-

-

Peter's POV:

I scurry into my class, excited to tell Ned about my plan. I stayed up late last night thinking about y/n. This, of course, led up to negative thoughts, such as the fear of losing her. What if she realizes that I'm not what she wants? What if she gets bored of me? I'm probably just overthinking but either way, I made up a plan for Europe. I just want to prove that I'm worthy of her love, so this trip has to be perfect. I need to make this trip as memorable and romantic as possible so she can see that I can be a good old-fashioned lover boy.

I plop into the seat beside Ned and declare, "I have a plan. Okay, first, I'm gonna sit next to y/n on the flight."

"Mhm," Ned hums.

"Second, I'm gonna buy a dual headphone adapter and watch movies with her the whole time," I continue.

"Okay."

"Three, when we go to Venice, Venice is super famous for making stuff out of glass, right?"

"True," Ned replies, nodding.

"So I'm gonna buy her a (y/f/f) necklace because her favorite flower is a (y/f/f) because..."

"(Y/r)," Ned states, already knowing.

"(Y/r)," I repeat before proceeding. "Four, when we go to Paris, I'm gonna take her to the top of the Eiffel Tower, give her the necklace-"

"Oh," Ned interjects, sounding invested.

"And then five, I'm gonna tell her how I feel... if the time is right," I depict. We haven't been together for that long so I'll complete this step if I think there's a chance of the feeling being mutual. I glance away for a second before looking at Ned again. "And then six, hopefully, she tells me she feels the same way," I conclude.

Ned gives me a baffled look. "Don't you guys already know how you feel? That's why you're dating," he questions.

I tilt my head from side to side as I try to wrack my brain for an answer. "Well- yeah, we know there's a connection but that's not what I'm... it's a- it's a different feeling..." I trail off. Ned narrows his eyes in confusion. "It starts with an L..." I hint, hoping he gets it.

It takes him a few seconds but he finally gets it. "Ohhhh," he utters when he realizes. "How does she not know already? Everyone knows," he scoffs.

I give him a strange look. "I don't think everyone," I counter.

"No, dude, everyone knows," he claims, nodding. "It was obvious since day one." Wow, am I that transparent? I'm about to say something else when Ned beats me to it.

"It kind of sucks that you're not single anymore. We could've been bachelors in Europe together!" he claims before going on about how European women love Americans.

I give him a quizzical look. "Okay. Sure... but sorry, Ned. As cool as that sounds, I'm a taken ma- she's coming over. Just don't say anything," I babble, seeing y/n walk in with MJ.

Y/n's POV:

MJ and I saunter into art class, going straight to Ned and Peter. I ignore the Iron Man drawings on the wall behind them. I had to see that tribute video in the hallway, I don't need more things reminding me of Tony's death right now when I was feeling so good today. We approach the boys and I see Peter hurriedly say something to Ned before glancing at us. "What up, dorks," we both greet.