Chapter 92: You're Done, Beck

We're almost there, guys! I've been waiting for what comes next... 😅

(Y/r) = your reason

-

-

"That's a nice trick you did but it's not enough to stop me."

Y/n blasts a beam at the drone. It glitches lavender, transforming into a radio from the 80s and dropping to the floor. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor plays on the radio and Beck lightly gasps when he witnesses this. He taps the radio with his foot and realizes it's not just an illusion, y/n actually changed it. He sharply turns to her. The girl rips her mask off so he could see the smug look on her face.

"Please, your illusions are child's play. You should see mine."

The man frowns before he looks down, chuckling and shaking his head. "I seem to recall fooling you with my illusions," he argues.

The girl shrugs. "I'm not denying it, but I stand by my statement. You're done, Beck."

"Yeah?" Beck asks. Suddenly, a drone appears on either side of him and he smirks. "Okay, big mouth. Let's see if my 'child's play' technology can still fool you."

Y/n rolls her eyes. "Says the guy who talks too damn much. Just shut up and give me the glasses," she retaliates. However, before either of them can do anything, an explosion occurs. This makes them both stumble around as they feel everything shake around them. The shaking finally stops and they steady themselves when Spider-Man suddenly swoops in, breaking the glass Beck is standing on. He lands with his feet on the ceiling and grabs Beck by the shirt, punching and cracking the transparent helmet he's wearing.

Y/n is stunned by her boyfriend's sudden appearance but she's happy to see him. "Your lies are over, Beck," Peter states as he holds onto the man.

"This certainly isn't ideal but I have contingencies. EDITH?" the man voices. Peter looks up, seeing a drone in front of him. Y/n's eyes widen and she's about to blast it when another drone fires at her, the one in front of Peter firing as well. They're both thrown back, skidding across the floor until they finally land. Peter coughs while the girl groans. They both quickly scramble back to their feet, y/n helping the boy when she sees him holding his ribs.

"Just give us the glasses," the boy calls out.

Beck reaches into his jacket and pulls out the EDITH glasses. "You want these?" he asks. Many drones start coming in from the windows, surrounding him. "Come and get them." Blue lights radiate from the drones before they disappear. The whole hallway turns black, the only thing in sight being green mist on the floor. Man, this dude is so annoying, y/n thinks. She grasps Peter's arm, making him look at her.

"Is your Peter-tingle working now?" she whispers.

"Uh... we're about to find out."

The girl nods. "You got this. Keep him busy," she responds.

Peter nods. "I got this, I got this," he whispers. He shuts his eyes and inhales a breath. "Come on, Peter-tingle," he mumbles before exhaling heavily. Aww, he finally accepted it, the girl thinks. With that, Peter releases a grunt and springs into action, using his senses to take down the drones. Meanwhile, y/n teleports out of the hallway. She ends up on the roof of the hall Spider-Man and Beck are fighting in. Okay, that worked, she thinks, sighing in relief. She knew the illusion would probably only work inside where the drones are.

Her hands radiate lavender as she floats down to peek through the window, seeing Beck at the end of the hall surrounded by drones while Spider-Man is destroying the ones attacking him. She grins proudly as she watches Peter. She's glad he got his spidey-sense back. Her eyes are pulled back to Beck when she notices him yelling angrily. The drones around him suddenly zoom toward Peter. Y/n forms a big orb of magic in her hands and fires it at Beck, breaking through the window. The blast hits Beck, throwing him back into the window behind him before he collapses to the floor.