Chapter 80: This Is Causing Me Stress

Prague, Czech Republic

Y/n's POV:

We walk into a giant fancy building. I scan the hallway, admiring how nice it is in here. We approach another entrance where there are two doormen. They reach for the handles simultaneously, both opening the doors so we can enter. I hear my classmates in front of me make comments in awe of this place. "Wow, this place is so classy," Betty pipes up.

"Yeah, so why are we here?" Zach jokes.

My eyes flicker to Flash in front of Peter and I when he speaks up, "Speak for yourself." He chuckles and cockily looks up. "I'm home," he claims with a smug expression. I scoff at this. I glance to my left, seeing MJ and Ezra walking shoulder-to-shoulder.

I scurry closer to her and bump her arm with mine. "Get it," I teasingly whisper. I've heard the girls at school say this to their friends to tease them about their crushes, I had to try it. She turns to me and bumps me back, turning to Ezra with frightened eyes before looking at me.

"Shut up!" she quietly hisses, making me giggle.

"What? He didn't hear-" I whisper, getting cut off by MJ.

"I think Peter's waiting for you. Why don't you go with him," she interjects, nodding her head to the side. I know she's sending me away so I don't reveal her crush on Ezra to him. I look in the direction she's nodding, spotting Peter across from us. His eyes are fixed on me and he slightly grins when we make eye contact, causing me to smile. "You guys have a lot of things to do anyway, don't you?" she adds in a suspecting tone.

My head snaps to her and I gaze at her confused. "What do you mean?"

MJ casually shrugs. "Oh, like couple's things," she answers. She gives me this look that's hard for me to read but I see a bit of suspicion on her face. It's like she knows something that I don't.

"I guess..." I reply, shrugging. I turn to look at Peter again and notice him standing apart from the group as he talks on the phone. He must be talking to Fury. "Okay, fine. I'll go with Peter," I tell MJ in a defeated tone before speedily striding toward the boy. He hangs up the phone right when I reach him. "Hey. Who was that?"

"Hill. She said there are two earpieces in my suit, one of them's for you. We have to put them on and await further instructions," Peter informs me.

I nod in understanding. "That's simple enough. Got it."

Just then, Ned jogs up to us. "Hey, guys," he greets.

"Hey," we both acknowledge him before he proceeds to speak.

"Look, I am so sorry if I seem like I'm preoccupied with my relationship. You know, I'm still your guy in the chair," he apologizes, looking between us.

"No, it's fine! You're good, dude. You're having fun."

"No, no, no, it's all good. Don't worry about it."

Peter and I speak simultaneously, giving Ned a small reassuring grin. "Okay," he sighs in relief. "Great, great," he breathes out, glancing over at our classmates.

"It's fine," Peter mumbles again in reassurance.

"It's a good thing you have each other because I'm preoccupied with my relationship and MJ is busy with Ezra," Ned mentions, switching his eyes from Peter to me. I freeze, giving him a stunned smile. Is he suggesting we'd be lonely if the other wasn't here? The realization slaps me across the face and a slightly horrified expression takes over my features.

"Oh, my God, you're right. I'd be a third wheel!" I claim, gesturing toward Ezra and MJ in the distance.

Ned grasps my tricep, making my eyes dart to him. He slowly nods, giving me a sympathetic look. "It's okay. Luckily, that won't come to fruition," he softly assures me. Does he think I'm hurt by the idea? "Anyway," he dismisses, removing his hand from my arm. "What's the status on the Elemental thing? Where's it gonna happen?" he asks.