Chapter 5: 80s Chick

Peter's POV:

Great, another school day. Why can't Mr. Stark call me with a mission already? I mean, he did call me to tell me to look after that girl but that's not a real mission. At least he trusts me enough to look after her. The 80s chick. That's what everyone at school is calling her. Flash said it in class one day and I guess it just stuck.

I saw the news coverage and she was trending on Twitter for three days. Pictures of her were all over social media and I have to admit that she was really pretty. There were multiple photos but two of them really stood out to me.

(Pretend that's you and Jonathan instead lol)

Her vintage-styled hair and makeup suited her wonderfully. I wonder who the guy was, he's in a lot of the photos. It's a good thing I know what she looks like so I could find her more easily.

I head to my locker and open it when I suddenly feel something brush against my shoulder.

"Join me, and together we'll build my new lego Death Star..."

I turn around and see Ned holding up a Lego action figure. "What?" I excitedly say.

The cheerleaders behind me give us weird looks and scoff, "so lame."

I ignore them and turn back to Ned. "No way. That's awesome. How many pieces?"

"3,803," Ned states. "That's insane," I say as I turn around to keep rummaging through my locker.

"I know!" calls out Ned in a thrilling voice before asking, "you want to build it tonight?"

"Oh, I can't tonight. I've got the Stark-"

"Mhm. The Stark internship," Ned finishes for me. "Yeah, exactly," I respond as we commence walking through the sea of students.

"Always got that Stark internship," he comments.

"Yeah, well, hopefully, soon it'll lead to a real job with them. Speaking of the internship, Mr. Stark asked me to look after the 80s chick since she starts here today," I tell him.