Chapter 71: New Attitude

I rip my mask off while Peter's disappears. "That was amazing," he comments, high-fiving me.

"Yeah, it was," I return proudly.

May walks toward us with both hands up and we high-five her. "That was great," she claims in a singsong voice.

"Ah, that was so cool. I was so nervous!" Peter gushes, pacing back and forth before stopping in front of his aunt.

"I'm sorry, I was a little stiff. I felt like I wasn't in the pocket," May mentions.

"You did great though," I assure her.

"No, I thought you did great," Peter speaks at the same time.

"Yeah, well, I actually did think you were a little stiff," she notes, pointing at her nephew. Ah, she did all that to let Peter know he was stiff. That was very smooth.

Peter merely shrugs. "Uh, yeah, I felt that too. I felt that too," he agrees. I can't help the laugh that escapes past my lips, making them turn to me.

"Sorry, I was just remembering it," I admit. Peter gives me a look and I smile back innocently.

May approaches me and claims, "you were great, sweetie. Thank you so much for coming." She pulls me into a hug.

"Oh, thank you! Thanks for inviting me, I had fun," I respond. We pull away and May pats my arm before turning to Peter again.

"Did you get your passport?" she asks him.

"Yeah," Peter confirms.

"Mini toothpaste?"

"Yeah, I did."

May flickers her eyes between us and mumbles, "protection?" The heat rushes to my face upon hearing this. Peter's eyes widen and his cheeks turn a bright red. We glance at each other for a split second before looking away, both of us flustered. I don't think that's something she has to worry about yet.

"May!" Peter scolds through gritted teeth. The conversation is cut short when we hear the door creak, making us snap our heads toward it. Peter and I swiftly put our masks back on before the person enters. The door opens wider, revealing Happy with a giant check.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," he claims as he struggles to get through the door with the check. We remove our masks again.

"Happy! Hey," Peter voices.

"Hey, Happy! Where's mom?" I greet at the same time.

Happy grins at me and replies, "oh, she's stuck at the office." I nod in understanding, knowing how busy her work keeps her. "Oh, you look lovely," he compliments May as he nears us.

"Thanks. You too," she returns.

"Thank you. New dress?" Happy asks. I cock an eyebrow, looking between both of them. Does Happy have a crush?

May looks down at her dress before glancing back up at Happy. "Uh, yeah. Yes, it is," she answers with a big smile on her face. I observe them with a small closed-lip smile. They definitely like each other. Peter gives them weird looks before gazing at me. I just smile and shrug. He can sense their chemistry too.

"It's a new beard," May points out, gesturing to her own chin.

"It's my- my Blip beard. Because I grew it in the Blip," Happy explains. My smile grows. Their awkwardness is endearing and amusing. He glances at me and adds, "it's a Blip beard." I just smile and nod in return.

"I see. Yeah," May chuckles.

"Yeah, uh, anyway so, uh, the reason I'm late is because this was misplaced at the office. Can you believe it? Because it's enormous. I mean, not the amount, the size. The si- the amount's nice too," Happy stammers. May chuckles nervously as she studies the check. "They're generous. Pepper Potts said sorry she couldn't be here."

Wicked Game || CURRENTLY EDITINGजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें