Chapter 91: Mind Game

I just wanna say that Moon Knight is amazing so far omg. I love Steven Grant already, he's so cute. And that ending OMG I LOVED IT!

-

-

Third Person POV:

Y/n sits in the pilot's cockpit with Happy while Peter sticks to the side of the jet on Happy's side. "Alright, comms check. Can you two hear me?" Happy speaks up.

Y/n touches her ear upon hearing the man's voice in it. "Yup, I can hear you."

"Yeah, I can. It's just a little loud out here!" Peter responds.

Happy and the girl peer at him through the window. "I like the new suit," the man compliments the boy. A tiny grin forms on the girl's face as she thinks about how the color was influenced by her.

"Thanks!" Peter replies.

The city comes into view, where there's a giant grey cloud going from the ground to the sky. "Woah. You guys sure that's not real?" Happy questions.

"It's not real... but it sure is one hell of an illusion," y/n answers.

"And it's 100 times bigger than I expected," Peter adds.

"Still the play?" Happy asks, looking at the girl before turning to Peter.

"Uh-huh," the two confirm in sync. "We need to get high enough so Beck doesn't see me coming," Peter informs the man.

"Copy. Stay sticky," Happy states before flying the jet up higher. Y/n takes a deep breath as they get closer to the storm cloud. She knows it's fake but it looks awfully real. That's not the part that has her nervous, however. 

"Hey, Happy," Peter pipes up.

"Yeah, kid. What is it?"

"We need to have a serious conversation about you and my aaaaunt!" the boy claims, screaming the last word as he lets go of the jet and falls toward the cloud. Happy turns his head to the window before glancing at the girl awkwardly. He didn't think Peter caught onto his relationship with May.

Y/n just shrugs. "Welp. That's my cue," she announces before teleporting out of the jet. She's suddenly right next to the angry cloud. It's not real, she reminds herself as she flies right through it. She finds herself inside it, in awe of what she's seeing. She looks all around her at all the drones in formation. "Woah..." she voices. Under different circumstances, this would be cool.

All of a sudden she hears a yell and looks down, seeing Peter land on a drone. The boy looks around as well, impressed. "Woah. That's awesome," he remarks.

Y/n drifts down to him and responds, "yeah, if you forget about the death and destruction part."

"Right," Peter utters before climbing on top of the drone he's hanging on to. "Alright. You ready?" he asks his girlfriend.

She nods. "Let's do this." With that, Peter starts jumping around, webbing various drones together while y/n destroys the drones around her with lavender blasts. The illusion begins coming apart from the top as she does so.

Then, Peter swings down, voicing, "I hope this works." He hits a button on his web-shooter, causing electricity to trickle up to all the webs he stuck onto the drones. This causes them to short-circuit, making the illusion undo even further and faster. Y/n smiles victoriously. "Y/n, I see Beck!" the boy suddenly declares, capturing her interest. She glances down, seeing him hopping from drone to drone toward a large hole in the illusion.

She flies toward the hole as well. Peter is about to jump at Beck when he's suddenly hit by a drone. Beck watches as the boy is sent flying over the bridge before he sees a lavender glow from his peripheral vision. His head snaps back to the window in front of him and he's startled when he sees y/n levitating there with glowing hands and eyes. "EDITH," he nervously voices. Right after he says that, a drone zooms toward y/n from behind her. However, before it could hit her, she swiftly turns around and sticks her hand up, stopping it.